Idea for a ZL+ Zakk Lead module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does hot.

Wants it!

the Orange accents are cool, but kind of reminds me of Orange amps for some reason, more than the buzzsaw. :?

I like the faceplate design for the bullseye without the orange. If you want to do an orange one, do it with the design for that guitar.

Okay so getting the Randall rig off the ground took a while longer then planned. :(

Right now I have a Twinface at Anthony's and another module going his way for a Salvado-ish mod.

The next shall be the ZL+, because I have finally found the finishing touch! :D
And here's a mockup of that:

zlmockup.jpg

The Mr. Scary knobs go perfectly with the design and feel of the module :D
So as of now I am in the market for buying a set! (I just missed one I know.. :( )

If anyone has any or knows where I can get them for a normal price, let me know!! :D

Goldfish said:
Perfect finish for that design. Really good job.

Thanks!

I'm really happy with how it turned out, can't wait to start the procedure of getting it ;)
So now it's waiting for pay day.

Still looking for those knobs!!

johnodge said:
Did this module and faceplate and module ever materialize?
The ZL+ has been heavily delayed because I had to prioritise some other things.
It is set to go into development by the end of this year!
For real this time ;)

I have a module ready (1086) to ship to Anthony, it's going by the end of december.
(so Anthony can get his end of the year shippings out of the way ;) )

This mod is still legendary to me, since it landed me the job at Salvation Mods :D
I can't let it fade away ;)
It's going to take a while to develop though, since it's a whole new concept.
The circuit is probably going to be a mix of a lot of different ones, to get as close as possible to the tones that Zakk achieves with his rig!

Wow...That is a great idea...And every high gain module should have a blast switch!!! Awesome design as always mojo....I look forward to buying and selling this one! :lol: Just kidding, from the sound of this one, it's a keeper...

Mattfig said:
Wow...That is a great idea...And every high gain module should have a blast switch!!! Awesome design as always mojo....I look forward to buying and selling this one! :lol: Just kidding, from the sound of this one, it's a keeper...
Haha yeah!
By now the design and switch layout has changed a lot based on circuit idea's by Anthony.

The "Blast" function, which will probably be called "Shred" or "Doom" or something :p is probably going to to be the combination of blast and tight that Anthony is doing on a new module I think it was the Dreadplate. That way it should replicate the sound of having an overdrive in front of it.
I get pretty **** close when I throw an SD-1 in front of my Salvado.. although it then misses some character which can be found on the Mash-all.
... like I said: mix of circuits ;)

Anthony was afraid there might be too big of an overlap with other tones.
Of course there's going to be some, since it's a modification of an existing sound, but it should be able to carry it's own weight :)

In short: you will want one, you won't sell it! :D

I'm ready to buy it, I won't sell it. :wink: I promise? Send me one.

That's an awesome design Mojo. I just saw it for the first time and I am impressed. It is just such a cool looking plate. I also like the idea of it being able to replicate the sound of an having an OD in front of it. Nice... :)

So here's the last version.
The switching between Ozz and BLS is done in 2 stages because it allows for much greater change between the tones.
As an added bonus you have 2 mixed modes, which could be interesting.

It's based on a 1086 for the design, but it probably can be done on almost any high gainer like Anthony's other mods.
I'll keep you guys posted on its development!

zltemplatev6b.jpg

Absolutely killer... :shock:
I like the idea of skull knobs, but I think it would look killer with just the basic Marshall style amp knobs as well. Zach is a Marshall guy after all.

Daryl said:
Absolutely killer... :shock:
I like the idea of skull knobs, but I think it would look killer with just the basic Marshall style amp knobs as well. Zach is a Marshall guy after all.

+1 on this idea... Like the Silver tipped Marshall Silver Jubilee ones

Mattfig said:
After thinking about it, you should add a drunk switch that makes the module less articulate and more pinch harmonic friendly... :twisted:

Or just add a Heineken holder... lol

Mattfig said:
After thinking about it, you should add a drunk switch that makes the module less articulate and more pinch harmonic friendly... :twisted:
Hahahaha freaking awesome!

I'm actually considering naming the "loose" switch "drunk" now :lol:
Funnily enough, the loose switch on my Salvado does make it more pinch-friendly :D
BUT! (and no I'm not a fanboi), Zakk didn't play bad when he was drunk. ;)
Or at least, I haven't seen it..

He doesn't drink anymore, with his anti-bloodclot medicines he'd die pretty quickly, so he stopped.
That says a lot about the mental power the man has, being borderline alcoholic for years and just stopping full-out right then and there.

Of course the prospect of dying is a pretty good motivator ;)
Then again there are those that shoot up with crap right after being nearly dead (Nikki Six for instance)..

m0jo said:
Mattfig said:

Funnily enough, the loose switch on my Salvado does make it more pinch-friendly :D

He doesn't drink anymore, with his anti-bloodclot medicines he'd die pretty quickly, so he stopped.
That says a lot about the mental power the man has, being borderline alcoholic for years and just stopping full-out right then and there.

Then again there are those that shoot up with crap right after being nearly dead (Nikki Six for instance)..

I actually did not know that....Wow...That's impressive...To continue on so strong without the booze that fueled his passion for being Zakk says a lot about the man's character....I'm sure pot doesn't hurt....At least I think I'm fine :) And a little hungry now that I think about it...

Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Mattfig said:

I actually did not know that....Wow...That's impressive...To continue on so strong without the booze that fueled his passion for being Zakk says a lot about the man's character....I'm sure pot doesn't hurt....At least I think I'm fine :)
Yeah, he had some blootclots in his legs. Had to be rushed to hospital just before a gig.
Turns out he was lucky, if they had gotten up in his brain or something it'd be certain death.

So yeah, like you said, says a lot about the character.
One of the reasons I like the dude :D

@Daryl, actually the skull knobs won't fit with any switches.
So they're out. Which means I'm back to either domes or marshall knobs.
I think the silver ones would work yes, but black or chrome domes might give a clearer total view, and they're heavy duty ;) also something that is in Zakk's style.

I think I'm going to decide this when it's made.
(I'll ask Anthony to shoot me a picture of both options, an actual picture always shows you way better than thinking or even mocking up).

Latest posts