Idea for a ZL+ Zakk Lead module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.. I agree that they would work, but I don't really like them.
Not on amps anyways.
But maybe I'll make a mockup of them to check it out..

I agree with Mojo.
IMO. Those MXR knobs are pretty weak. They are just generic little knobs with hardly any character or style.
mxr-black-label-chorus.jpg

Daryl said:
I agree with Mojo.
IMO. Those MXR knobs are pretty weak. They are just generic little knobs with hardly any character or style.

I think they meant these, but the same applies ;)
35034_l.jpg

Mattfig said:
m0jo said:
Daryl said:
I agree with Mojo.

I think they meant these, but the same applies ;)

I have those (but white) on my Figmods Top Boost and they like nice and neat...But lack character...
Exactly, they don't speak for the module.
I really think it's down to marshall knobs or domes..

crankyrayhanky said:
my ZW-od knobs look like little tires
You can take the rubber thingy's off ;) underneath are these knobs.
They're meant so you can turn the knobs with your feet or something :?

this is awesome... I would actually be really interested in one of these... i'm not a fanboy persay but I like Zakk's gear... it always seems to have good tone... I have an MXR ZW-OD, Dunlop ZW-Wah, and an Epiphone ZW white bullseye... ok so maybe I am a fanboy :? anyways, I would be interested in knowing what module you would need and what the price would be

christianguitarman said:
this is awesome... I would actually be really interested in one of these... i'm not a fanboy persay but I like Zakk's gear... it always seems to have good tone... I have an MXR ZW-OD, Dunlop ZW-Wah, and an Epiphone ZW white bullseye... ok so maybe I am a fanboy :? anyways, I would be interested in knowing what module you would need and what the price would be
I have to say, that gear is good entirily by it's own merits... but..
Quite a fanboy indeed ;) :lol:

I'm going to see BLS next month :D first time I'll see the dude(s) in the flesh, pretty **** awesome!!

Going by the other mods, probably any high gainer will be fine. Although it will depend on the final circuit what module will be best.
I'm sending a 1086 as the base, really more for style purposes :oops: because I like the 2 recessed switches on it.

awesome! I honestly have quit listening to their music... I know it sounds weird but I made a commitment to God a few years ago that my gift of music would be used strictly for His glory and that I would quit playing secular music and stick with Christian stuff... anyways... have you received a quote on the price or an estimate? if so you can PM me if you don't want to post it on the board.

christianguitarman said:
awesome! I honestly have quit listening to their music... I know it sounds weird but I made a commitment to God a few years ago that my gift of music would be used strictly for His glory and that I would quit playing secular music and stick with Christian stuff... anyways... have you received a quote on the price or an estimate? if so you can PM me if you don't want to post it on the board.
Zakk is Catholic. But not quite abiding by the rules in his life though haha. ;)
I'll refrain from going Agnostic on you! :) Glad you have something that gives you strength and happiness.

Anthony hasn't given a quote yet, I think you could PM Anthony about it now for a guess but after the first one is developed would be better I think.
I believe the price is mostly in how complicated and intensive the mod is (ie. how many hours go into it), which he doesn't know exactly yet of course.

thanks for being cool on the faith thing! too many people get caught up in it. Of course, as a Christian I want to be a positive influence on others but I never want someone to feel like I'm cramming something down their throat as I wouldn't want someone to do that to me! I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see when a finished product is approaching and when it gets closer i'll shoot Anthony an email! Awesome design and good luck with it this new year!

christianguitarman said:
thanks for being cool on the faith thing! too many people get caught up in it. Of course, as a Christian I want to be a positive influence on others but I never want someone to feel like I'm cramming something down their throat as I wouldn't want someone to do that to me! I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see when a finished product is approaching and when it gets closer i'll shoot Anthony an email! Awesome design and good luck with it this new year!
No problem, I always get annoyed by the fact that a lot of people say that they hate the "pushyness" of religious people, and subsequently do exactly the same in trying to convince you of Atheism or Agnostism. I'm in the "live and let live" catagory.

I'll definitly keep people posted here, so keep an eye on it and everything should be cool!
Thanks you too! ;)

As far as I'm aware there wasn't one officially by the modders, though JF has the 1959, which has great Zakk tones. Salvation has the Mash-All, which has great JCM tones.
It should also be said that both modders have several great Marshall inspired mods, and both can provide custom mods are requested. You will not be disappointed by either!

I am not a fan of zakk's material with BLS, but his material with Pride & Glory is really good! If anybody has never herd Zakk's early material it's worth checking out! I don't know? I think he was alot better singer and guitar player back then, just my 2 cents but cool idea for a module for sure.

Same! I picked u that album outside a music festival in 2001 for 3 pounds (UK). It's much better than BLS, which I find very boring, esp live.

buriedorburned said:
Same! I picked u that album outside a music festival in 2001 for 3 pounds (UK). It's much better than BLS, which I find very boring, esp live.

yes Pride & Glory and he did a acoustic album called book of Shadows their both very good way better then any BLS in my opinion!

Latest posts