Low volume Mr. Scary vs Brahma sound clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second that playing is awesome ..

I really love the punch and clarity of the Scary ..

George done good on that one ..

Thanks guys. Glad you dig the clip.

I agree, the Mr. Scary kicks ***... the Grail is a bit thicker for rhythm but I don't know if anyone can explain this to me.

When I REALLY dig into the Scary it kinda gets this like bouncy effect, where as the Grail hits a wall and you can't dig into it so much, anyone know what I'm talking about?

just to clarify So thats the Scary unboosted ,

setting were 2'oclock on the the tone controls and gain correct ?

Correct the Mr. Scary is the first sound you hear, it is unboosted.

The Gain is on 2' oclock, bass @ 2, mid @ 12, treb @ 10, level @ 11. Pres @ 10ish, density @ 1.

I only used the boost in the Brahma section.

And my Mr. Scary is stock.

I just listened again .they both sound great .

the Lynch mods really sound awesome

From that Freid /lynch video it looks like there will be updated versions getting released with different tubes .and maybe a few tweaks..

very cool .I may just have to get an rm4 ..lol

Heya,

The speakers are a Marshall 4x12 1960BV it's just v30's, recent production a few years old, getting better broken in every day :)

The OD pedal is actually a bad monkey, gain off, just a slight boost with the volume.

You know what the really cool thing about the Lynch mods from my ears IMO.

they overlap so well .
like your Superv clip and the Brahma in clean mode they are somewhat similar.

and when you get to Scary .it still have some of that open Brahma tone but introduces a bit of lower mid growl and more gain and tightness .

then the Grail same thing more low mid tighter thicker but still retains some of the Scary gained up Characteristics as oppossed to going from like a twin to a Deizel .its very gradual