Modules that fit well a 7 string guitar?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormrider66

Reaction score
Hey guys,

what modules fit well the low tuning of a 7 string guitar?

I'm seerching for a tight sound and attack of the notes, very articulate essentially for my rythm parts, with modern voicing.

I was thinking about the Angel E, but I'm not totally decided on it; any opinions will be highly appreciated.

I have already a markUs that I really like the tone, but I'm searching for a more modern sound.

Thanks

stormrider66 said:
Hey guys,

what modules fit well the low tuning of a 7 string guitar?

I'm seerching for a tight sound and attack of the notes, very articulate essentially for my rythm parts, with modern voicing.

I was thinking about the Angel E, but I'm not totally decided on it; any opinions will be highly appreciated.

I have already a markUs that I really like the tone, but I'm searching for a more modern sound.

Thanks

Seem to remember Rob saying in the LA convention thread that the Stein+ was good down tuned so that might be one to consider?

webrthomson said:
Seem to remember Rob saying in the LA convention thread that the Stein+ was good down tuned so that might be one to consider?

Thanks for your answer, why not for the Stein+.
I'm am in a searching point status, and really open to all opinions

What is sure, is that I'm not searching for a Recto style tone. I found that in the Low notes there is too much compression with my pickups, that are high output.

So the aim is to keep a good tight attack, as my MarkUs, but with a modern feeling.

I really like my JF XMG+ for my 7string material. It's super tight and open which makes fora great combo with emg 707's which are in my loomis 7

Hey stormrider,
suggestion for you, located in Europe - Chupacabra.
Very tight and articulate mod. The GROWL is very versatile switch - it delivers for you Recto, Engl or Marshall flavour. With the CLAWS you can controll all your gain.

LunatiBSW said:
I really like my JF XMG+ for my 7string material. It's super tight and open which makes fora great combo with emg 707's which are in my loomis 7

+1 on that! Also worth thinking about a JF Ultra Lead too.

I hate actives in my 7 and 8 strings. BKP and Lundgren fan here, in the pup department.

Salvation hi gains work best with lower tunings if you ask me. I stick to my S1S0/Angel/Chupa/Mash-oldano for Thick rhythms. I have a SG afterlife which goes in nice blended also.

I found the xmg+ is very 8 string friendly. If you djent...

ricknasty1985 said:
I hate actives in my 7 and 8 strings. BKP and Lundgren fan here, in the pup department.

Salvation hi gains work best with lower tunings if you ask me. I stick to my S1S0/Angel/Chupa/Mash-oldano for Thick rhythms. I have a SG afterlife which goes in nice blended also.

I found the xmg+ is very 8 string friendly. If you djent...

My 7 has passives custom Kent Armstrong pickups: OTT and The Rocker.

The Afterlife was an option but I have sent an email to Scott few days ago that stays unanswered. Perhaps you can tell me more about this mod? Here or by PM; I don't even know the price of the mod...

I have already played an old version of the Angel, and I expect that the EQ of the "E" to give me the little thing I was missing in the mids.

No djent at all

Depending on what tone you are after, all 5150 and Rectifier mods are also well suited for 7 string tones, Diezel mods as well.

stormrider66 said:
Thanks for your answer, why not for the Stein+.
I'm am in a searching point status, and really open to all opinions

For stock modules, many seem to agree the 1086 works very well with lower tunings

What is sure, is that I'm not searching for a Recto style tone. I found that in the Low notes there is too much compression with my pickups, that are high output.

Have you considered lowering the P'ups? (on the bass side if need be)

ricknasty1985 said:
To add... Boost.

Make sure you run a pedal to tighten things up! Makes a huge difference
It's a solution, of course, but not really wanted.

My MarkUs is capable of a tight attack, even on the low notes. I'm looking for a module with a little more gain, a more modern sound but always with a tight attack; I like my palm mutes being very punchy.

If Rob answers me, perharps he will tell me good advises, like you guys.

Thanks all of you for helping ;-)

stormrider66 said:
If Rob answers me, perhaps he will tell me good advises, like you guys.

I just got your email and sent a reply. That's a FAR better way to reach me about business matters than PM's on a forum. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Happy Holidays,
Rob

Jaded Faith said:
stormrider66 said:
If Rob answers me, perhaps he will tell me good advises, like you guys.

I just got your email and sent a reply. That's a FAR better way to reach me about business matters than PM's on a forum. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Happy Holidays,
Rob
Hey Rob,

Yes got it, thanks.

And helpful, I think the Ultra-lead will be the winner; as you describe it: tight, dry, articulate is very promising.

Also, as I told you, I have a Torpedo C.A.B. in my set up, in which there are IR from Fryette Deliverance and Fat Bottom cabs, a KT88 power amp simulation in class A or A/B, so the Ultra-lead and the C.A.B. seem to be complementary.

I will contact you very soon to place an order