New Clips: Salvation Stonerverb, SG MK22, SG Fisch!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I finally got around to working on new guitar-oriented tracks featuring modules I haven't had much time to use to date. Please feel free to ask any questions and enjoy!

Salvation Stonerverb: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/67overload.mp3 (Low gain setting but cranked)

SG MK22: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/am/backyardbbq.mp3 (2203 - lower gain mode with Strat)

SG Fisch: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/missionman.mp3

MK22-Fisch: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/evenkeel.mp3 (2204 mode) verse, Fisch chorus

They sounds good..how many tracks are you laying down with each song?My fav is the stonerverb,just sounds so full and smooth....but they all sounds killer....I like the fish too..tha and teh mk22 compliment each other well....

Mattfig said:
Hey Mike,

I know we've had our disagreements...But you make some f&*king killer clips...Very, very nice....

I really liked every one....

First off, Dude, no worries!

:D

Secondly, thank you very much. I hope they're helpful to all of my MTS brethren (no matter how "harsh" I may come across at times, I really LOVE this community!).

alowerdeep said:
They sounds good..how many tracks are you laying down with each song?My fav is the stonerverb,just sounds so full and smooth....but they all sounds killer....I like the fish too..tha and teh mk22 compliment each other well....

In each clip that I linked, there are two guitar takes panned hard left and hard right.

The Stonerverb - what can I say? It's a brilliant sounding module. Long story short, I was asked for some "Indie" rock tracks with an attitude and of course, I plugged in the Stonerverb. I did two passes with the gain at noon on the high gain side, but they weren't "spongy" enough. So I flipped the switch and dimed the gain and bam! There it was!

Reinhold's amps are Marshall inspired, so it seemed fitting that the MK22 and the Fish worked well side-by-side. Quite honestly, the MK22 with the gain dimed (it was at about noon on the higher gain side for the verses) sounded phenomenal but it was missing that "thing" that the Fisch provided. The MK22 is extremely faithful to the original, which is exactly what I wanted from that part, so it's all good. :)

I can't express to you guys how fortunate we are to have all of these modders available to us. It's like walking into the greatest amp room in the world, whether it's 1975 or 2011.

MTS is the bomb!

Gonna have to try that on mine..I just got a voodoo recto with a gain pot built in and it seems to be like that...if you back off,really opens it up and gives it a more spongy feel...never think about the low gain side on teh stonerverb since I use it for high gain stuff....

Great clips. Thanks for sharing.
The stonerverb is very vesatile. Low, high or no gain.
SGs modules were my favorites of the clips. Im on
a marshall kick personally. Bogner really takes Marshall
tones in a different direction than most. Killer stuff. The
stock XTC is a fav of mine and my JH Snorkeler is just
2 steps further, making it uber fun.

Wow, some of the best clips I have heard on here!

What mic's and pres are you using on what kind of cab? The recordings sound really airy, so I guess you record them with some room (or you really know your verbs :) ?

hunter said:
Wow, some of the best clips I have heard on here!

What mic's and pres are you using on what kind of cab? The recordings sound really airy, so I guess you record them with some room (or you really know your verbs :) ?

Thanks! The signal chain is as follows:

Les Paul Custom w/Burstbucker Pro in the bridge>Module>RM100 w/Ruby Tube 6L6's>Bogner Cube w/Celestion Classic Lead 80>Mojave 201>Vintech 273>FMR PBC6a>Apogee Rosetta 800>Nuendo>.

No EQ, a touch of 1/4 second delay from PSP PCM42 delay, a touch of Room reverb from Lexicon Native reverb (same algorithm as the drums). The cab is in a deadened closet, so there's no ambiance or reflections.

Thanks again!

crankyrayhanky said:
Great Tones! I'm digging that Fisch....

Yeah Mon, it's pretty freakin' awesome! I owned a Bogner Fish from 1992-1993 (had to sell it because I had just moved to LA and was broke) and I've missed it ever since. I have recordings from back then and while the signal chain was quite a bit different (tape!) the tone of the module compared to that preamp is as close as it can be without being identical.

All of the modules deserve a shout out to Anthony and Scott for their amazing work! 8)

VitaminG said:
to echo what everyone else has said, great clips. I could jam on backyardbbq all day :)

Thanks!

I was really excited to share that clip because it's that SRV-type of tone yet with a Marshall. Most articles seem to focus on the Dumble's and Super Reverb's when talking about Stevie's tone, but the Marshall was very important to his tone.

Mike P said:
...>Mojave 201>Vintech 273>FMR PBC6a>Apogee Rosetta 800

Yeah one can really hear that there is quality stuff involved! Would love that Vintech Pre!!

hunter said:
Mike P said:
...>Mojave 201>Vintech 273>FMR PBC6a>Apogee Rosetta 800

Yeah one can really hear that there is quality stuff involved! Would love that Vintech Pre!!
Haha I'd love *anything* in that chain ;)

The clips sound killer Mike!

Wow I didn't expect that from those mods, especially the Stonerverb .. very cool!

Excellent clips Mike!

Your clips do an amazing job of displaying the great tones on offer from our modders.

And I love the overall sound/mix/vibe of your recordings! It just sounds huge! :D

alowerdeep said:

The Fisch (Brown channel) is similar to your description of the Stonerverb. I've never played a Stonerverb, so I can't accurately compare the two. But, the Fisch can get sludgy (like Kyuss), depending on the amount of gain used. 8)

This made me even more impatient for my MK22 to show up. I have my fingers crossed for Monday.

Latest posts