New Guy Saying Hi!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonZombie

Reaction score
What's up Guy's
I have been lurking the board for about a week.
I was in NO WAY in the market for a new Amp.
I currently have a 1989 MEAS Mark III, Dual Rectifier Rackmount, Marshall JCM 800 50w, JCM 800 100 w Voodoo Mod, Ampeg VL-502, Crate Stelth GT-50. But a friend of mine was pushing His RM-100 and I think I fell in Love!
I see the RM-100KH going for around $1000. Looks like it's a good price to me? So I put a few things up on Craigslist. If they go I'll be getting a new Amp! I think the first Mod I would go with would be the Jaded Faith XTC!
Has to be one of the best tones I have ever heard!
I play Guitar in a Spoof Metal Band. Think ManOwar meets Spinal Tap. Or a Metal Steel Panther. And Bass for a Metallica cover band.
Just wanted to thank you guys for the wealth of info on here.

I only play my Mark III. But these Amps look to fun not to own one. If my Ampeg goes and a few Guitars I have up on CL I'll be jumping on board!

Welcome....Before you jump at a KH RM100 - check out what else is available...From stock mods to modded ones....If you know EXACTLY what you want in a three channel amp - here's the place to tell us...We all have a lot of experience with different mods and you'll get good, sound advice...You can make it anything you want really...MTS is the ONLY platform that can offer such versatility and EXQUISITE tone...

Enjoy!

The reason I am looking at the Hammett is because of price. Looks to be less then some used ones I have come across. I do like the tone of the modded XTC. So that would be a starter for me.

Welcome! You have some great gear that you will soon be selling ;) As Matt says, feel free to ask us any questions. We're all hopeless addicts, and we selfishly want to feed your budding addiction as deeply and feverishly as we possibly can!

rhequiem said:
Welcome! We're all hopeless addicts, and we selfishly want to feed your budding addiction as deeply and feverishly as we possibly can!

You can say that again! One modified module leads to 15....it did for me!

I love my KH! I had 2 RM50 combos and another RM100 before (and while) I picked this one up. Pics below. Yes it is different. Randall made 3 of these for Kirk and only 2 went to him.

I spent some time, and cash, digging through many stock and modded modules but have been sitting on my current 3 (see sig) for a while now. Find what you like and stick and then you are good to go.

237.jpg

238.jpg

Welcome to the fourm. Is that $1K for the KH loaded with signature KH modules or empty?

RonZombie said:
Loaded new in the box!

That's a fair price for both parites, IMO. You'll soon have this mad desire to buy modded modules. There are some good one's out there and always something floating in the classifieds that you'll want.

rhequiem said:
Welcome! You have some great gear that you will soon be selling ;) As Matt says, feel free to ask us any questions. We're all hopeless addicts, and we selfishly want to feed your budding addiction as deeply and feverishly as we possibly can!

LOL I'll never sell my Mark III or my JCM's!

Quoting this so we can all say "TOLD YOU SO" later ;)

RonZombie said:
rhequiem said:

LOL The JCM's are Sentimental. My 85 100w was a gift from my Father who is no longer with us. And my 88 50w was my best friends who was struck and killed by Lightning. I haven't played them in years but I will never part with them.
My MESA Mark III is my favorite Amp so I couldn't see ever parting with it.
The rest I could live without hahaha.

rhequiem said:
Quoting this so we can all say "TOLD YOU SO" later ;)

RonZombie said:
rhequiem said: