New MTS manufacturer!?!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaded Faith said:
m0jo said:
@Rob, maybe you skipped through it quickly, but it was just a friendly disagreement in my eyes. No decline really ;)

I agree that everything is a personal experience.

It wasn't directed at you or anyone specific, although unfortunately it really didn't need to be either. I think in general there are several "loyalty camps" here lately. It seems the bickering is almost non-stop and consumes thread after thread. I know both myself and many forum members have discussed it privately as of late and feel similarly. It is really beginning to cast a shadow on open discussions and dilutes the honest and educational experience this forum once provided with obviously biased opinions.

Eventually that leads to a decline in interest to contribute quality information, engaging in open discussions and posting of clips.
I know this doesn't help but: I don't really see that that bad.
It is a "discussion board" .. so yeah there might be disagreements but it rarely gets ugly, and when it does I see a clear response from most people, saying they don't like it that way.

I also don't really see what you mean by "biased opinions" ..
We were discussing MTS vs. other amps on an MTS forum, what did you expect? :lol:

To get slightly back on topic:
Where did the first post and poster come from?
The blurb is obviously fake/parody, but what is it meant to achieve? :?

m0jo said:

I'm guessing exactly what is going on in this thread - arguing.

iekobrid said:
I think I would be more receptive to an announcement of a new MTS compatible amp manufacturer than a new module manufacturer.

I've have enough Randall heads and combos with issues that I'm a bit worried there will come a day where we're stuck with piles of modules and nothing to plug them into. I would love for someone to make a basic one-slot preamp chassis with no printed circuit boards, just PTP wiring that any ol' amp tech can troubleshoot and repair if necessary long after the MTS amp well dries up.
I feel similar to this, I love the modules, they give me the best tone I've ever had!
But also had some problems with RM100's, so for gigging I've usually ended up using my trusty old 5150ll, bought new in '03, replaced tubes once, never been to a repairer, never had an issue, except that it doesn't sound as good as my MTS. :lol:

drewiv said:
m0jo said:

Hm, the argument was unrelated to the topic start, but it seems so..
Then still I wonder why..

m0jo said:
To get slightly back on topic:
Where did the first post and poster come from?

I think it was a very well executed joke. I enjoyed it!

As for discussions turning sour, I think as long as we all respect one anothers' opinions- we're good. I'm not picking up any bad vibes from this discussion although there is no one answer so disagreement is inherent. If everyone had MTS, I'd be bummed as well.

Line 6 has a place in my studio too. I have a Bass PODxt as well as a PODxt. Both get occasional use and have bailed me outta some late night sessions.

m0jo said:
drewiv said:
m0jo said:

Hm, the argument was unrelated to the topic start, but it seems so..
Then still I wonder why..

It boils down to entertainment. Maybe the OP didn't expect this specific argument to come into play, but certainly would spark some sort of conversation -- which it did.

Like Fig said, if everyone had MTS I'd be bummed.

m0jo said:
Mike P said:
Nightdare said:
(though it's powersection could use some more options ;) )

Out of curiosity, what bums you out about the power section? You can use an octal tube of choice, mix and match, and easily bias without the hassle of removing the chassis and whatnot.
Let me take this one:
- individual bias of tubes
- half power mode or power scaling
- ability to bridge channels with one cab
- switchable negative feedback loop
- midi switching of the above three options

Not necessarily stuff I'm "bummed out" about, but it would make it just even more versatile.
Individual bias is something I am a little bummed out about, because one of my pairs is now has a 7mA difference between the two tubes.. could've been fixed with individual bias!

1. The RM100 has individual bias points for each tube, so I'm guessing it's different from what you're using.

2. Power scaling isn't important to me. A 50 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 5 watt amp and I've never been a fond of amps that allow a reduction in wattage, regardless of the brand. I prefer the headroom.

3. I assume that you're referencing the RT2/50?

4. A switchable negative feedback loop would be an interesting option, though certainly not necessary. I'm surprised that no one had asked Bruce about that possibility.

5. If I were gigging at clubs, that might be cool. But then again, you're usually playing to drunks. 8)

Yeah I have an RT2/50, I know the RM100 has individual biasing, because I noticed in on a friend's RM100..

Your comment on number five boils down to "people won't notice anyways" right?

This is one I've allways found a bit annoying, you can take that reasoning and go play a Roland Cube then .. It's completely missing the point of (and maybe you'll recognise this as a studio guy) every detail counts. No a different tube will not be noticed ... of a different NFB or different picks. But combine all those element and it creates one tone that can be radically different from one with all those details changed.

Maybe I should be an engineer instead of a guitarist :lol:

couldn't agree more, everything counts in the big picture, i'm a guitarist and an engineer, and i hear and experience this every day. every little thing matters in your ultimate tone, from the connectors on your cable, the pick, cable lenght, it all adds up. a drop of water may not make you think twice, but you ad it up....

Thanks mojo for asking the reason for the post and trying to get the thread back on track. I was beginning to think it was permanently hijacked. Obviously, I?m not ready to be a writer for Jay Leno because, as they say, ?if you have to explain a joke maybe it wasn?t all that funny to begin with!? It was just my modest attempt at satire. The company MonoTone is, fortunately, not real. Unfortunately, perhaps, the spirit of MonoTone is alive and well on this forum. Maybe I was too subtle, but I thought some of the attitudes and characters in the story might be familiar and bring a chuckle or two of recognition. So, without naming names or getting into a pi$$ing contest, just let me say this?
? When someone posts ?I asked famous modder A-Mod if his module XYZ could have more gain and he said ?it doesn?t need it? ?, think ?MonoTone?.
? When eager posters say they like the new clip of module ABC?s clean mode and would like to hear how gainy the dirty mode gets and one of the resident experts criticizes them for wanting higher gain when they should be satisfied with the clean mode because it gets ?great Cream and Hendrix tones?, maybe you can have a laugh and say to yourself ?hey, that sounds like the tone czar from MonoTone!?.
? Or, if someone tries to say their opinion is superior to yours because they have better, more expensive, equipment, you?ll remember the tone czar and think ?yeah, right?.
? When someone says module X sounds like crap because it?s not their thing (even if it wasn?t designed for their style of music to begin with), think ?MonoTone?.

The bottom line for me is this. Tone is totally subjective. Just like one man?s ?babe? is another man?s ?dog?, one man?s grail tone is another?s garbage tone. I would personally find comments more interesting and helpful if they went something like ?You know, that module just doesn?t do it for me because I?m hearing this nasty hashy kind of distortion in the lower frequencies. Is that what it really sounds like that in the room? Have you tried doing this?? instead of ?that?s absolutely the worst thing I?ve heard and I ought to know because?blah, blah, blah?. In other words, for me this forum is about the interest we all share in the quest for tone, our own tone, specifically through the use of MTS modules. And, the journey to get there, along with the camaraderie of this group, is a big part of the fun. There?s a lot of enthusiasm and expertise in this group and it?s great when it?s shared in a productive way. It becomes very trite and boring for me when it?s about forcing opinions or stroking our own egos.

So, was the original post a bit over the top? Yup. Just using absurdity to point out absurdity. No offense intended (well, maybe a little :wink: ). Thanks for listening. ? Matt

m0jo said:
Your comment on number five boils down to "people won't notice anyways" right?

Actually, no. My feelings about cover bands aside, I think you should use whatever gear makes you happy. If the Randall MTS system and RT2/50 weren't getting the job done for me and I was missing elements that were important to my work, I'd move on, plain and simple.

Quite frankly, I didn't find any of your five points to be important. If I wanted lower wattage amp, I'd buy one. If I wanted an amp where negative feedback was important, I'd buy one. If I wanted a system in which I could control all of those elements from some sort of switching system, I'd find someone to build one for me.

I don't think that 99% of people listening could hear the changes of power scaling, negative feedback or switching between tubes during a song or between songs, in a bar, nightclub, concert venue or studio, but that's neither here nor there.

If they're important to you, cool. But none are things I'm personally missing.

8)

m0jo said:
. But combine all those element and it creates one tone that can be radically different from one with all those details changed.

Why can't you be both? :D

At this point, you're talking about a whole new design. I'm sure Anthony could whip something like this up over his lunch break.

8)

nlstudio said:
? When someone posts ?I asked famous modder A-Mod if his module XYZ could have more gain and he said ?it doesn?t need it? ?, think ?MonoTone?.

I don't think I've ever heard anybody complain about any of the main modder dudes being unwilling to accommodate special requests (at least ones as simple as "more gain").

Mike P said:
m0jo said:
I don't think that 99% of people listening could hear the changes of power scaling, negative feedback or switching between tubes during a song or between songs, in a bar, nightclub, concert venue or studio, but that's neither here nor there.
Nope, but when I hear the bark of my 6CA7's kick in, my riffs go roaring and that's where it's at! :D

I think we're on the same page.
The RM4+RT2/50 gets me everything I need except for individual bias at the moment so I'm definitly cool with this rig. I'm just a "dreamer" .. Anthony will confirm this, I'm constantly talking to him about "what can we do here?" or "can this be done" .. a lot of it is bullshit or useless when it comes down to it, but some things work very well.

About "the reveal" from nlstudio .. right. Have fun with that. I don't appreciate it to be honest.
The things you describe don't happen here, or are misunderstandings (it's clear you haven't read Mike P's retorts in those threads). Yes *gasp* my english is good enough to discern that at least 2 of those comments concern him and both are irrelevant because those topics have worked themselves out without this kind of useless sarcasm.

m0jo said:
Nope, but when I hear the bark of my 6CA7's kick in, my riffs go roaring and that's where it's at! :D

I get it, Dude. I really do. It's just that if those things were truly important to me as a performer, I'd do what I did in the old days: Have three or four separate amps and a GCX switching system.

You kids and your **** technology!

:D

Mike P said:
m0jo said:
. But combine all those element and it creates one tone that can be radically different from one with all those details changed.

At this point, you're talking about a whole new design. I'm sure Anthony could whip something like this up over his lunch break.

8)
Man .. I'm guitarist, engineer, producer, manager, guitar tech, bass tech, and slowly getting into drum tech.
It has to end! :lol:

m0jo said:
Mike P said:
m0jo said:

8)
Man .. I'm guitarist, engineer, producer, manager, guitar tech, bass tech, and slowly getting into drum tech.
It has to end! :lol:

It never ends! :D

I started playing guitar at age four, Hammond M3 at age eight. I began gigging on bass with my Dad's band on weekends, playing parties and weddings at age 11. At thirteen, my uncle built a studio in his home and by 19, I was recording to tape, learning to cut, edit, engineer and record.

Since then, I've worked in the music business as an executive in Universal and Paramount's music divisions and have spent decades learning, improving and trying to perfect the art of composing and recording with the goal of having a viable, sustainable career.

Along the way, I've seen drums machines magically appear and go away, synthesizers replaced by software, drummers replaced by software, orchestras replaced by software, emulations of classic hardware and so much more. I've had to learn it all and as quickly as possible, or watch the world go by.

And just when you think you've got it all figured out, it changes overnight.

It never ends, Dude. :D

Sorry, I can't resist!!! LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

m0jo said:
The things you describe don't happen here

support_the_ufo_cover_up_conspiracy_bumper_sticker-p128588695673019606trl0_400.jpg

Latest posts