New Sacred Groove Rectifier Clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I received the new Sacred Grooves Rectifier last night at 7pm (bad USPS day) and knowing that I have a super-busy week ahead, I wanted to get something down immediately. Seriously, I had less than 15 minutes last night to compose, record and mix the track linked below because I had other obligations after putting the kiddo to bed. The guitars are slightly out of tune and the mix isn't perfect but I think the amp sounds so amazing that I just had to share!

The controls were set to the following:

Gain: 5
Bass: 3
Boost/Cut: Boost (essentially High/Lo Gain)
Mid: 3
Bold/Spongy: Bold
Treble: 6.8
Modern/Vintage: Modern

Suffice to say, I am completely blown away by this module. It's everything I've ever wanted in a Rectifier. It's smooth and not buzzy, a little "spongy" even in Bold mode and sounds dark and rich yet clear, all at the same time. Hopefully, I'll have time next week create clips featuring the Vintage, Cut, Spongy and all of the different combinations but if not, they'll be available shortly thereafter.

A big thanks to Scott (Sacred Groove) for putting up with my insanity. Enjoy!

www.mikeplas.com/mike/dirtyride.mp3

That sounds sooooooooooo good. :eek:
I am not a huge fan of the Mesa sound, but this gets my blood pumping. Thick, meaty, punchy tone. Wicked...

Has there been a pic of the faceplate of Scott's Recto mod posted on the forum yet?

That does sound like a really good recording of an actual Rectifier...maybe a little tighter, sweet!

Thanks a lot to everyone posting replies to Mike's clip. I like it too, and I know he's going to come up with something else that may be even better. :D

This mod is still not totally complete. Mike has a version that he specifically asked for weeks ago and I was able to finish his because of that. The final version will be slightly different, not in the base tone, but with one or two extra features that should push it over the top. As soon as I finish up with the customers I have on the "bench" (and paint room), I will finish the DR mod and have a preview, with new graphics. :wink:

So, any thoughts on the name? I put in a couple of final "serious" suggestions on that thread :D I believe one of them was Black Diamond.

Shinozoku said:
So, any thoughts on the name? I put in a couple of final "serious" suggestions on that thread :D I believe one of them was Black Diamond.

I may put it to a vote in another thread. I haven't decided on a name yet and I hadn't thought about much lately. I've been so busy with other things, one of which being school, but that concluded yesterday and tonight is my commencement. :D

SacredGroove said:
Shinozoku said:

I may put it to a vote in another thread. I haven't decided on a name yet and I hadn't thought about much lately. I've been so busy with other things, one of which being school, but that concluded yesterday and tonight is my commencement. :D

Congrats bro! Not an easy thing to achieve with a family and a module/faceplate biz to boot...

Do you guys actually have to wear your rodeo clown costumes or can you go civilian?

rodeoclown_timber-tuckness1.jpg

Just kidding....Sincere congrats!

SacredGroove said:
I've been so busy with other things, one of which being school, but that concluded yesterday and tonight is my commencement. :D

That's awesome news, Scott! If I had known that, I wouldn't have been absolutely peppering you with emails all day today!

Have a great evening and congrats on a significant life achievement!

Cheers,

Rob

Latest posts