Clips added: So my updated Sacred Groove Fisch landed today

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
I really liked the first incarnation but the updates really opened up a new can of worms. Not to mention the original had a yellow LED which was fine but I am digging the green one it came back with. Thanks Scott!

With the same settings (gain noon, bass 11:00, mids 3:30, treble noon) it just sounds meaner and has more clarity. The gain knob just adds more all the way up without losing any clarity that became lost past 2:00 with the original version. Add a clean boost out front and I thought that I was in the studio with Jerry during the Dirt sessions.

I will toss in a clip soon. I just shut down the rig and it's after 4:00 AM now so maybe tomorrow night or next week. I am going out of town for the weekend.

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your new clip on it, I want to get one of these so bad but not enough $ for my module wants right now :)

I might get around to making a quick clip of the updated Fisch tonight. Any riff suggestions?

Disciple said:
Cool suggestion on Queensryche - I'll throw in my fab AIC song, Sea of Sorrow :)

Sea of Sorrow will be on the list. It's been a long while since I rocked to any Queensryche. I will see what I can remember. I won't get to play for about 2 more hours.

I shot two quick bids but the cable company is updating something so I have no internet access. I will post them as soon as I can. This is coming from my Droid.

Here are two vids. The first is the Fisch with no boost.

I had never learned Empire or Speak by Queensryche so I pulled those together 5 minutes before. Clams a plenty. I haven't played I Don't Believe in Love for at least 10 years so that is rough also.

I tripped over my cord during Sea of Sorrow so I hosed that up as well. I adjusted the volume knob on the SoCal after a few seconds of Bleed the Freak so that is where that mistake came from. Usually I boost the amp with a lower gain setting on the modules. With that, the new 6L6's, and random mic placement, the clip seems a touch harsh and boomy to me.

For the second clip I moved the camera back for more of an in room tone. I A/B'd the JF Mr. Scary and SG Fisch. I bumpded the gain down on the modules to noon and clean boosted with a MXR Classic OD. I can't hear much of a difference in the clips but the in room sound gives me enough of a difference to keep both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqMbNX75xeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvKSLuH6AWg

Nice job bud I dig the videos and thanks for playing Sea of Sorrow! Can't wait to get mine soon with Scott.

The mix of 34's and 6L6's are starting to grow on me. Something about the additional low end filling out the sound a little more. I am going to order 5881's today anyway to give them a shot though. I haven't tried them yet.