Nuno module NBKING.....is this new?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would call it Marshall-y and there is nothing in the line PCB-wise that can do this. It is essentially like an OD stomp box built into the module. Quite a challenge!

Jaded Faith said:
It is essentially like an OD stomp box built into the module. Quite a challenge!

:shock:

I'm definately PCB stupid, but is it possible to make your own PCBs? I thought I remember reading somewhere on how to make PCBs (etching and all). Although maybe that is easy but getting the right dimensions/shape might be difficult. At any rate I revert to my 1st 4 words in this post. :lol:

Hamner1 said:
Jaded Faith said:
It is essentially like an OD stomp box built into the module. Quite a challenge!

:shock:

I'm definately PCB stupid, but is it possible to make your own PCBs? I thought I remember reading somewhere on how to make PCBs (etching and all). Although maybe that is easy but getting the right dimensions/shape might be difficult. At any rate I revert to my 1st 4 words in this post. :lol:
It is possible, but these are double layered (top and bottom are different PCB's with connections top-bottom.

Technically you could reproduce it, but I don't think it's really doable.

Maybe you could develop an add-on PCB to add the "stompbox" circuit to another standard module PCB.
Build it in with a connector and you have MTS2 .. modular modules!! :lol:

I am starting to think that this module became the Scott Ian 1987 module... thoughts? They've described it the same way.

The Nuno module had an awesome faceplate btw.

Kapo_Polenton said:
I am starting to think that this module became the Scott Ian 1987 module... thoughts? They've described it the same way.

The Nuno module had an awesome faceplate btw.

I agree the faceplate is cool.

Can either of the 2 with the 1987 take a gut shot pic (without the tube cage)? I'm sure Rob could confirm if it is identicle.

I'll guarantee they are not the same, I'm the one who owns the NBKING board. This looks like no MTS board out there.

This is one I don't ever see leaving my collection unless I have a REALLY cool offer on it :)

I'll try to get a pic up of front of module soon.

schlagdog said:
I saw the funky munky video and called on it and you beat me to it.

John at Funky actually made that video for me when I contacted him as soon as I saw it listed on ebay. I told him I wanted to buy it and he made a video so I could hear it and posted it on youtube.

Too bad Randall never released this module, it's just so different.

Yep, I wanted it. The mts line is dead. The Scott Ian modules only got pushed through because he was going to leave Randall like all the other endorsees have. You got an awesome module there, I'd wanted that one of a kind badboy.

Hi new on the board after picking up a RM100 but this is a board that sounds what I need. Typical it was one of a kind, ah well I will hope for a miracle mod!and will keep watching with the hope one becomes available.

Hey guys - I may sell my nbking prototype board, if a good offer catches my eye. If interested pm me, only reason I may sell is to fund a Steadicam purchase.

Today I succesfully prototyped NB King clone module.
Thanks to Disciple.
Now I am working on development of additional features.

Stay tuned.

Anthony

Latest posts