Nuno module NBKING.....is this new?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome news! So glad this is finally going to be shared with community soon.

And also glad my beloved Randall prototype original is going to a great new home soon!

salvation said:
Today I succesfully prototyped NB King clone module.
Thanks to Disciple.
Now I am working on development of additional features.

Stay tuned.

Anthony

another Salvo-Miracle!

Now thats one I am going have to try! (along with the Salvado Deluxe, Mash-oldano, etc etc....) :D

Disciple said:
Awesome news! So glad this is finally going to be shared with community soon.
Yeah, I kind of dropped the ball on that one after it's time here! :lol:

In complete honesty, it wasn't that it was difficult to do or anything like that. I just personally found the tone flat and uninspiring. My thought was if you are going to release something that was a copy of a one-off prototype, you should release a replica and not an "improved" or modded version.

Aside from the Nuno-nostalgia or idea of having something new from Randall in the line (after the way they have been dropping the ball), I didn't really see a market for it or want my name attached to it. I didn't find it to be on par with the other Sig modules in stock form, more or less anything the modding community already offers. So compound the work involved to reproduce it (there is a unique PCB for it) with the sub-par results and I could never justify releasing it.

That's just my completely honest 2-cents on this and YMMV.

When you say flat and uninspiring, do you mean it lacked zero bite and sounded like it had a blanket over the speaker? It looked as if the module itself had an on board presence control which I thought was pretty cool. I was interested in whether it ever came close to the tone the actual sig head puts out or if it was more of a Randall gimmick to keep interest in the MTS line alive. I think I would still take a Masholdano over this if i were buying something from salvation!

Jaded Faith said:
I just personally found the tone flat and uninspiring. My thought was if you are going to release something that was a copy of a one-off prototype, you should release a replica and not an "improved" or modded version.

I have to disagree with you there and with some other points. In my opinion no mod stock or modded sounds like this module and when the overdrive is almost dimed it is some of the best dark Marshall tone I've heard and killer for leads. Every stock module and signature module could use tweaking as we all know and Anthony has a great layout planned to make the most out of the nbking module and then some. The top Marshall mods don't sound like this (Mashall, Mk22 and 1959rr) as you know it literally had a OD section built right into the module itself that no pcb available could replicate, so an addition was the key Anthony can disclose more on that when he releases the final version and features - so not a simple task by any means compared to most modded modules you know that better than most others.

I did give you a chance at it and after months of no update I offered it to Anthony to give it a shot since it is very unique and unlike any other stock or modded module out there - and should be shared with community which is why I offered it up for r&d. Any modder should be proud to make this module work on existing boards with the addition of the of OD portion unlike other OD's seen before and add to the fact there's only 1 out there makes it a great addition to any modder's catalog. Anthony was successful at cloning it and stepped up to make sure this was finished from start to finish for the community and is another reason why is he respected so much here in the community.

You and I both know there's nothing out there like this and with the additional features it only adds to the module like any modded module does. I think if you didn't want to go through with it that's fine, but you did post it would be out soon months ago to share with community and no official update saying your opinion had changed until now that Anthony released his news yesterday, along with opinions where I fully do not agree with and are not on par with the truth with this module and what it does compared to what is out there. It sounds like you are bashing to taint the work as if anyone could do it and it isn't hard which we both know is not the truth and it was not a simple task. Just because another modder was successful doesn't mean it justifies coming here to tear it down for no real reason but to try and detour people from a great unique module unlike any other out of selfish reasons. That's how it comes across to me from reading your post and comparing it to what we talked about before on the module and what you have posted on it.

I thought you'd be better than that Rob than to go bash like that, especially here on a new addition to keep the preservation of a one of a kind rare mod for the community. You don't see Anthony, Scott, Trace or Jeff posting stuff like this toward fellow modders - just not cool or respectful in my opinion.

Well I can see some of my comment may have been taken out of context here! :lol:

Please do not get me wrong, it is certainly unique and unlike anything else in the module community. The PCB certainly presented it's challenges. I had a working clone built by the time it was returned to you months ago. My biggest concern was the amount of time, labor and parts involved to build it properly. At the end of the day, it was my decision not to release it. The price would have been too out of line with the going rate of modded modules, thus my decision.

Please do not take anything I said as a personal attack. I have always taken the high road in these matters (more than I can say for some you defend, whether you are aware of their actions or not) and this is no different. I simply offered an opinion and explanation as to why I chose not to release it, which I have every right to do.

Be aware I kept that opinion out of the public eye out of respect for you. You received MORE than fair compensation from me for the rights to look at it.

I actually went back and found the clip on youutbe and wow...it sounds really good......actually sounds cleaner and clearer than the actual amp on the vids....sound salot better than most modded modules Ive heard too....I know tone is subjective though...I dont get the dark comment though....sounds very present and clear,though it is on video..and that is with very little tweaking in the video...I like it....though I dont know that I would order one from salvo..i would consider one if it came up for sale....sounds kind of unique as well..but it is just a vid...may sound differrent in person....

alowerdeep said:
sounds kind of unique as well..but it is just a vid...may sound differrent in person....

Sounds way better in person, with overdrive up it's amazing. Can't compare for you much cause it's that unique nothing I've played or owned sounded like that.

In the vid it reminds me of a really good sounding Mr. Scary...I had one for a while and didnt like it....I like dthe smoother od,but the tone was kind of dull...couldnt get it really crisp and clear like the Nuno sounded on that vid...I did notice the OD knob on the vid...so is this in addition to a gain control like teh regular modules have?I also youtubed his amp and the module sounds better to me..it sounds cleaner/clearer..though the amp sounds great too.....

NB King module sounds really good.
Thick and meaty Marshallish tone which is not possible to get from other modules.
It has built in slightly modified Pro Co Rat distortion with hardwired controls.
Stock NB King sounds best when gain is maxed.
When gain is lowered some highs are cut off. and these lower gain settings are not very usefull.
On my prototype this is fixed.
Simply changing the Bright cap position. Now lower gain settings are a lot more usefull and cuts through very well.
Randall engineers simply should solder bright cap into C2 position instead of C1. Maybe it was error, I do not know but after this simple fix it is very good in all gain settings.

salvation said:
Thick and meaty Marshallish tone which is not possible to get from other modules.
It has built in slightly modified Pro Co Rat distortion with hardwired controls.
When gain is lowered some highs are cut off. and these lower gain settings are not very usefull.
Simply changing the Bright cap position. Now lower gain settings are a lot more usefull and cuts through very well.
Randall engineers simply should solder bright cap into C2 position instead of C1. Maybe it was error, I do not know but after this simple fix it is very good in all gain settings.

How much are you going to charge for this mod?

alowerdeep said:
salvation said:

How much are you going to charge for this mod?

Probably a bit early to tell....The special sauce has yet to be determined from what I can read...

Features are still being worked on, so Anthony won't have a set price till it's complete :)

Any interested parties should PM him for an updated price list as soon as he completes it.

I picked up the proto from Disciple, and Anthony is going to carry out one minor mod for me as recommended. Really cool on Disciple, and Anthony to get this to everyone and I'm sure it will be a better version. I'll be more than happy with mine though :). Thanks again Disciple and Anthony! Personally thought the tones sounded great even on youtube.

No problem at all :). Glad Anthony was able to hook you up with a mod on it, he offered to mod it for me as well but I was wanting to keep it original for future owner, which is now you so it worked out lol.

Can't wait to see what features Anthony puts on his version!

Latest posts