Post some pics of your rigs!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
Very nice Mojo! Looks impressive, functional, and above all, cool...MTS stuff looks and sounds the best in rackmount form...Of course, I'm still watchin out for a cheap RM100... :D

So, please allow me to be the first to tell you....Nice rack....

Chugs & Sqealies,
Mattfig

Haha thanks!
I'm afraid one of my friends beat you there :lol: so you're second!

I'm still fighting with the switching delay on the MX200, it doesn't allow for parallel config because there's no killdry :(
But ah well, at least it sounds good :D

:D

R1-7A.jpg

I have two Avatar 212s contemporary cabs that are like the one in the photo except 212 instead of 412. Purple Bronco instead of the blue. One had Vintage 30s and the other has Greenbacks. I installed the "Mitchell donuts" in them to reduce the "kill zone" directly in front of the cab and even out the tone off axis. IMO they sound great. As good as any cab out there.

I would like to sell the one with the Vintage 30s. I simply don't need it. The 212 weighs 66 lbs. The 412 weighs about 95 lbs., and that's why I didn't get a 412.

An update on the rig :D

I housed the RT2/50 in a seperate rack, it was murdering my back.
It should get a similar Roto case like the top rack in the future :)

And I finally got my cab :D
It's a TT-Cabs vertical 2x12 in HEREIAM red :lol:
Loaded with two Eminence Governers.

The setup is:
Guitar > GSP1101
RM4 in the GSP1101's loop, MX200 in the RM4's parallel loop.
All independantly switched.
dsc00571c.jpg

dsc00559c.jpg

..and my midi pedal :D :D :D
A Gordius Little Giant, the most powerful midi footswitch on the planet.
Teamed with a Snarling Dogs wah which I gutted and is now my expression pedal :lol:
dsc00585c.jpg

Disclaimer:
Yes these pictures were taken at my house, the band had a month long break.
We're moving back into the rehearsal place next week ;)

I see that you betrayed weeping demon ;)
cool midi pedal, interesting cab but eminence :)

hyenik said:
Haha not betrayed, I use the WD7 for recording ;)
For live and practising I just want the fastest, no problems setup.
This means I can have one 7 pin midi cable from the rack to the floorboard .. no more.

Yes I went for Eminence ;)
I know you didn't like it, but after much searching that still seemed like the best option, I decided I would just go for it and form my own opinion.
I might replace one with a V30 or an Eminence Man-o-war later, for a little more aggression and heavyness..
But the sound is very good from these!

I've only played them in the band once yet, so I'm holding judgement on that.
Tomorrow we start again :D So I'll let you know ;)

Those Redcoats look sweet in the red cab hehe

Heynik, what speakers do you favor? Celstions? I just ordered an unloaded LOPO 2x12 cab in burgundy snakeskin, and have been considering speakers. So far, I am leaning towards two Eminence Wizards, but am also thinking about EVM Black Labels...

rhequiem said:
Those Redcoats look sweet in the red cab hehe

Heynik, what speakers do you favor? Celstions? I just ordered an unloaded LOPO 2x12 cab in burgundy snakeskin, and have been considering speakers. So far, I am leaning towards two Eminence Wizards, but am also thinking about EVM Black Labels...
**** you sir!

I wanted Black Labels, but my feeble back disagreed :lol:

hyenik said:
Hyenik, I have now tried the speakers after good tweaking at high volume!
Let's put it this way:
The rythm guitarist's speakers were constantly stabbing my ears with painfull glas shards!
On the other hand, my cab sounded rounded, sweeter.

When we went into a heavy part .. my setup just murdered it!
Salvado with Tungsol/EHX tubes --> RT2/50 with TAD 6L6 --> This cab
=> Freaking insane, full, agressive, punchy, sharp but in a good way!
The oversized cab makes it slightly slower on the attack, that might be "muddy" to some .. but it's really more of a pleasant sound.
Turning the tight on on the Salvado and density up on RT2/50 = tight as F***!

Then on leads: the full mids like the V30's got me the prescence I needed, the rounded highs gave me the option to go higher volume without killing everybody in the room!

In other words: I love the Eminences in this cab!
They work well in a playing situation, for recording .. less ;)

So I guess Hyenik, it's a matter of different setup, different style and different taste ;)
No problem there, I'll use my Eminences, you rock out with your other speakers, everybody happy :D

Here's my rig!

Currently set up to run Wet/Dry/Wet, with the combo feeding off the dry signal from the preamp.

Pedalboard - TC Electronics G-System (w/custom labels of my own), MXR EVH Phaser EVH Flanger and Black Label Chorus, Visual Sound Route 808, Rocktron Banshee, Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah, Boss RC-20XL (post preamp, pre effects), ISP Decimator G-String (never use it... lol), MXR/CAE Line Driver/Booster, Dunlop Power Brick

IMG_2340.jpg

The Rack, combo, and speakers - Randall RM4, RM2/50, ART SP4x4, Randall RM50LB combo, Genz Benz 2x12 G-Flex with Hellatone 60L's and Randall 2x12 Mic Eliminator, all speakers have Weber Beam Blockers.

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

AMP-WALL.jpg

I think there are a bunch missing....

VHT Deliverance may be under the Uberschall

Bad Cat is way in the corner

RM100

Splawn Nitro

JCM 800

All purchased after the pic....

Hamner1 said:
There are a few amps there in that pic. Very cool.

Thanks I need to take a new pic I moved and also bought more. UGH gas is evil...

That reminds me -- a store on the way home from work has a VL-502 that I need to make some time to test drive.

I've owned a VL-503 3-channel combo since the line was still in production, but no matter how many times I change the tubes or run it through other cabs or have techs look it over I can't get any decent sounds 'cept for cleans. People have great things to say about the 502/1002 heads, though, so I'd at least like to compare.