Post some pics of your rigs!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an updated pic of my rack.
rack.jpg

Not shown: Axess Electronics GRX4 for switching between preamps

From top down:
Korg Tuner
Digital Reference Wireless
Egnater M4 (Twin, EG3/4, Erect, MHG)
ADA MP-1 (Modified)
Boss GL-100 (for cleans only)
TC Electronic G-Major
Monster Power Conditioner
VHT 2/90/2 (KT88's)

All of this feeds my Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12's (6 total)

the best pic was that dudes lynch box with matching cab. it has a killer look eventhough george lynch is old and tired you could probably get that emblem changed i guess

maximus1 said:
the best pic was that dudes lynch box with matching cab. it has a killer look eventhough george lynch is old and tired you could probably get that emblem changed i guess

The Lynch box is all pimp'd out....if it came in 50W, I'd be all over one. I guess you could pull a pair of tubes but I don't think it'd sound the same as an RM50HB....which sounds better than the RM100 IMO.

that's the 50 watt head right? you think it sounds better than the rm100? i wonder why, maybe less volume to get it roaring, eventhough they say its only 3 decibal difference. i wonder if there is something different on the chassis

maximus1 said:
that's the 50 watt head right? you think it sounds better than the rm100? i wonder why, maybe less volume to get it roaring, eventhough they say its only 3 decibal difference. i wonder if there is something different on the chassis

Different output transformers for one...

I agree...I doubt the 3dB has a lot to do with it...although the more I can push the master, the better it sounds.

The RM100 always felt stiff and a little more sterile/thin to me...even with the same tubes biased the same.

I had an RM100M and RM50HB side by side a couple of years ago.

jimosity said:
Here's an updated pic of my rack.
rack.jpg

Not shown: Axess Electronics GRX4 for switching between preamps

From top down:
Korg Tuner
Digital Reference Wireless
Egnater M4 (Twin, EG3/4, Erect, MHG)
ADA MP-1 (Modified)
Boss GL-100 (for cleans only)
TC Electronic G-Major
Monster Power Conditioner
VHT 2/90/2 (KT88's)

All of this feeds my Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12's (6 total)

Jim,

That rig looks like they should hook it up to the electric chair at a Federal execution and let you pump 'em with some riffs wearing a black hood. It looks like it is a punishing rig. I like your selection of modules too. If I were doing a hardcore (or hitman) gig, that would be my EXACT selection of modules.

John

I've considered putting my RM4 in there in place of the ADA and GL-100, but the **** clean tone out of that GL-100 is awesome.

The ADA has been modified, so it's pretty crushing now...

Sorry for the cell phone pics. I want to take some nice ones, but my band mates already give me **** for being obsessed with gear, so if I bring a camera they will just lay into me for hours.

Top to bottom:
Boss NS-2
XWire Wireless (the best, Steve Vai used to use that actual unit!)
Korg Tuner
MosterPower 1500

Missing: I am going to get a ProrackG in place of the ns-2, and maybe a drawer... I love the head/rack case, but its a heavy sumbitch.

I also have two of those Mesa Recto 4x12's.
Image-0737517EF5A611DB.jpg

Image-07347166F5A611DB.jpg

You guys have some sweet rigs :) Here's my main rack stuff...minus the actual rack, haha. I hope to have one soon. Also, I will be receiving an RM4, XTC, and Blackface within the next week or so :)
43f13b5a.jpg

Okay, I got off my @ss and got a photobucket account and snapped some quick pics of the rig. My camera isn't the greatest but here goes ...

This one is my MOD 50 Head, SL module on the left and a single channel EG3 on the right. The EG3 will be replaced by a custom made dual EG3/3 that Bruce and Frank are working on for me soon.

EgHead01.jpg

Here is the whole rig. The cab is a Mojo Tone vertical 2X12 with a Eminence GB12 and an old Celestion G12-65. Sweeeeeeeet! Matches Egnater perfectly.

Rig01.jpg

My guitars. 2005 Gibson Les Paul '59 model, 1992 Paul Reed Smith CE24 and my Fender Strat. 80's Basswood body, Deluxe 12" radius neck, Rio Grande pups.

Guitars01.jpg

Here's the pedal board. Tech 21 Midi Moose, Teese Wa, Axxess, Fulltone Fat Boost, Reverend OD, Fulltone OCD, Fast Lane Loop into Korg Tuner and of course the VooDoo Lab Pedal Power.

Board01.jpg

Effects? Here's the weird part of my rig. The Vox Tone Lab SE runs through the MOD 50 series loop and sits on an anvil case behind the amp. The Pearl Chorus is in the Vox loop which is programable (in/out). These Pearl units achieve very convincing Fnder Vibratone cabinet sounds.

Vox01.jpg

The Vox goes through the loop through an EbTech line level shifter to keep signal levels cool.

EbTech01.jpg

Clayton picks, 1.0 mm, custom slides and then the whole unit is fueled by Seattles Best Henry's Blend in Fiesta Ware coffee mug. For live use it's Starbucks in a to go cup.

Fuel01.jpg

John that is the sexiest thing ive ever witnessed! I bet your back doesnt miss the nasa rack of death! haha

-dave

Wow, the 'thats what she said' plague has been eating my band alive. We just got done doing a few dates around florida and when youre just with the dudes you can say it all ya like, but our bass player managed to pull one at a family dinner with his grandparents and a few other old relatives there..

his mom said 'it costs 100 bucks to put it in' (in regards to a new stereo for her car) and he said thats what she said and was the only one that laughed. thats when you know its a problem haha.

That's a very cool rig :)

Here's an updated pic of my stuff along with the RM4, XTC, and Blackface:
2.jpg