Salvation "Crunchland" comparison - EXPOSURE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which sample do you like best?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

salvation

Reaction score
During recording of future soundclip Hyenik had idea to do comparison of Salvation made CRUNCH sounds.

We took 4 salvation modules and made the same sample with different modules:
5 clips in CRUNCH setting

So now you can hear them:
listen carefully and tell me, which sound do you like best:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7835604

Anthony

edit: I deicided to do that as a poll:))

edit 2:
EXPOSURE
1) Custom 3 PLUS , 2nd channel mode
2) Salvado - Crunch ( ATOMIC based ) mode (bite DOWN)
3) Salvado - Crunch (Scoop aka SRV) mode (bite UP)
4) Benzin (!)- Crunch channel (3rd with MINUS position)
5) Stonerverb - Dirty channel

I like them all :)
But No1 is extremely dynamic and simply it bites :)
And I can promise big surprise for No4 ;) :lol: 8) :twisted:

I like number 3...even though it lacks some mids I find the character apealling. I find it would sit well in a mix. For all I know its a TopBoost or SuperV
I also liked number 5. Chunky and very stable in terms of dynamics. It was distorted evenly in lows mids and highs..and no matter how the pick was used..it pretty much was a consistant good sounding crunch.
I wonder what it is.

But still to my ears, the Mandarin is an awesome,versatile module.
And the Uberscahll is great,as well.

between 4 and 5 for me, ultimetally I voted for 5, just think it would sit better.

GtrGeorge! said:
I like number 3...even though it lacks some mids I find the character apealling. I find it would sit well in a mix. For all I know its a TopBoost or SuperV .

I like 3 a lot too!
And I have only say (for now) that Top Boost or Super V are not used in that comparison at all.

Ok, guys, Thanks for your voting.
Poll goes on, but I exposure what is what:

1) Custom 3, 2nd channel mode
2) Salvado - Crunch ( ATOMIC based ) mode (bite DOWN)
3) Salvado - Crunch (Scoop aka SRV) mode (bite UP)
4) Benzin (!)- Crunch channel (3rd with MINUS position)
5) Stonerverb - Dirty channel

For me it is big surprise, that Die2el based curcuit (which seems to be mainly High Gain machine, but you may hear it is a lot more versatile), can do so nice crunch.
Even more surprise is that biggest part of you choose it as best in this blind test!

Thank you!

Anthony

P.S.: I like all that crunches :wink:

**** i knew my guess of #4 was going to be the benzin ...i just didn't want to be wrong by stating it ahead of time !!!!! :oops:

let's hear the high gain clips now !!!! :twisted:

Wow :lol: I really liked 3, and I could tell it had some SRV-esque sound to it, but like somebody said earlier, the consistency of 5 was great (I've been thinking I might want an Orange module :p). The Benzin has quite the *** end to it though :D

I just closed my eyes and listened.

I liked #1 and #5 best. #1 had a Fender Deluxe chime to it. #5 is where i do most of my playing.

Four was okay. #2 was just slightly more gainy than #1 and a little less touch sensitive. #3 was my least favorite, but might work better with single coils and a TS808 for a lead boost. #4 was okay, but not where I settle my playing.

Latest posts