Salvation MATCHVOX - Dual MAtchVox clip on Youtube

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
Finally here:
MATCHVOX module.
clip on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Iz5Lid130

I wanted to do it as VOXish as possible.
- rewired curcuit
- rewired tonestack - original VOX does not have MID control, so I removed them and mids are fixed in AC30 way
- added another VOXy feature - CUT control (some sort of passive presence curcuit), which cuts off highest frequencies. This control works backwards - in AC30 way :wink:
- added MATCH/VOX switch (slightly changes gain structure - in Matchless way)
- bright switch removed and bright fixed in ON position - original AC30 has bright fixed too
- 2 position gain boost switch

- faceplate co-designed with m0jo here on the forum, thanks m0jo!

Which colour do you like better?
Matchvoxes_left.JPG

older soundclip: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7856274

kylendm said:
I really like the top one. Does the module sound a lot different than the soundclip?

We plan to do new soundclips, curcuit is little different now.

What kind of music you do like to hear on MATCHVOX soundclip?
(genre? band?)
Ideas?

Anthony

Both faceplates look awesome but the black one has more of a vox vibe. A clip of a Queen song would be really cool.

for a Vox clip I think its best to do music that has been strongly associatted with the Vox Sound:
for low gain samples...Tom Petty, The Byrds (with a Rickenbacker 12 string if possible).
For Hi Gain: Brain May (of Queen). (I think "We are the Champions" or "Bohemian Rhapsody," the heavy section would be great!!!) Very inspiring with the right tones. -GtrGeorge

btw: both face plates look great. May I suggest that all face plates be made so that they are easy to read in low light environments. When the stage is dark..its hard to tell whats going on. Also, the knobs would need to be easy to read as well. Maybe a stripe of glow-paint on the knob, and also the face plate having its numbers in glow paint (would do it). Just thinking aloud. I hate having to work in the dark before we go on..I have to hold a tiny LED flashlight in one hand and do everything else one handed in the dark...glowing settings would make life easier. But hey, its your thing...Im just suggesting.

You're welcome man! It's awesome to see them for real! :D

As I said I like the red one, mostly because .. a lot of amps are black, including the whole MTS range. Red makes it more unique IMO.

Also I like the colour red in general ;)

Edit: I showed the picture to a fellow dutch designer and good friend, his opinion:
"The red one has a very clear contrast, and differentiatiates itself much more in terms of colours."

It just jumps more, and will be clearer on a dark stage as well! ;)

GtrGeorge! said:
btw: both face plates look great. May I suggest that all face plates be made so that they are easy to read in low light environments. When the stage is dark..its hard to tell whats going on. Also, the knobs would need to be easy to read as well. Maybe a stripe of glow-paint on the knob, and also the face plate having its numbers in glow paint (would do it). Just thinking aloud. I hate having to work in the dark before we go on..I have to hold a tiny LED flashlight in one hand and do everything else one handed in the dark...glowing settings would make life easier. But hey, its your thing...Im just suggesting.

Hey man, you are just reading my thoughts:)

New faceplates has very nice upgrade.
They are not glowing by itself, but graphics on them is highly light reflecting.

Glow in the dark option is available too, but it has one "designwise" disadvantage-it has slight green shade, so sometimes is problem to match colours right.

Some things hard to explain by words, so I did one quick picture (do not blame me for poor quality, this is only for illustration):
Here you can see bad quality photo, photographed by my phone in absolute dark, and lighted by one bright led light.
Lighted up and photographed from distance about 4 meters.
For comparison: In the left are two new Matchvoxes, in the right is stock 1086 and stock silverface Ultra module.
I am sure that this new "feature" will make life easier, especially on stage :wink:

Light_reflecting_faceplates.JPG

edit: to m0jo: Thanks for your help and comments!

Both of those face plates look GREAT, but I would say without a doubt the RED one looks better, and the contrast of the two colors looks almost perfect. :)

Like GtrGeorge! said...

Low gain Tom Petty

High gain Queen(Brian May)

alaskaehlers

salvation said:
GtrGeorge! said:

Hey man, you are just reading my thoughts:)

New faceplates has very nice upgrade.
They are not glowing by itself, but graphics on them is highly light reflecting.

Glow in the dark option is available too, but it has one "designwise" disadvantage-it has slight green shade, so sometimes is problem to match colours right.

Some things hard to explain by words, so I did one quick picture (do not blame me for poor quality, this is only for illustration):
Here you can see bad quality photo, photographed by my phone in absolute dark, and lighted by one bright led light.
Lighted up and photographed from distance about 4 meters.
For comparison: In the left are two new Matchvoxes, in the right is stock 1086 and stock silverface Ultra module.
I am sure that this new "feature" will make life easier, especially on stage :wink:

Light_reflecting_faceplates.JPG

edit: to m0jo: Thanks for your help and comments!

Wow that silverface is totally useless!
I think because of the red light the red version and the gold of the black lights up a lot more, much better than stock anyway!

But to be honest I've never had the trouble of having to tweak in the dark .. up 'till now I've allways been able to soundcheck before the gig. (and I take into account how it will sound with a crowd .. something most people forget while soundchecking!)

edit: to Anthony, my pleasure! Looking forward to the future! :D

Both looks great. I vote for redbrown (colour is choose based on real vox faceplates), but only ?cause so many black modules 8)

lg_ac30cc_panel.jpg

Do I get two votes based on co-designing? :D

The red is great looking, unique-er (is that a word?) and authentic as well! :)