Salvation MATCHVOX - Dual MAtchVox clip on Youtube

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matchvox_left.JPG

Matchvox_right.JPG

Matchvox_front.JPG

salvation said:

The Red one kicks ***!!!! I'd take either one......but the red one is mad sexy.

I don't suppose you want to get rid of one of these do ya???? :twisted:

Tajmoben said:
The Red one kicks ***!!!! I'd take either one......but the red one is mad sexy.

I don't suppose you want to get rid of one of these do ya???? :twisted:

One is for our colleague Pedro and second is for Stratomaster.
But I can do it for you too.
Every higain or midgain module works.

Anthony

My friend who will be moving to Randall soon was wanting some Vox cleans, and I was just gonna help him mod a stock Top Boost or Super V, but I'm seriously thinking of recommending him over to you, Anthony :lol:

Spent some time with Matchvox and it is fantastic!!!!
Only note - EQ is like original VOX, very different! from standard module

and soundclip is UNBELIEVABLE!
Pedro is Special! Red Special. 8)

salvation said:
New soundclip. Classic (low gain) setting of CLASSIC/BOOST switch.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8354351

3 different gain settings.
Soundclip is played by Pedro Deluxe, owner of real VOX AC30 combo and owner of first red MATCHVOX module.
Drums played by Hany Es.

Anthony

That was phenomenal! Awesome job! Probably my favorite module of you've done along with the Salvado (Soldano?).

I mean it..really great Vox sounds on that recording. I think I even hear a rick 12 being used just a little.
Salvation..I really think you've done a great job on this one.as well.
PS: just plugged into the Loneclean for the first time..review soon.

This is soundsample of Salvation Matchvox Boost channel.
During making soundsample of Boost channel of Matchvox we found it is different from Brian May trademark tone.
We knew that Brian May uses NORMAL channel of his VOXes.
Brilliant channel which is built in module has nice voxy sparkle, but sounds less fat than another VOX channel, called NORMAL and different than Brian May tone.
We like both worlds.
So we developed optional feature to go as close as possible to this tone (hot overdriven Normal channel).
No additional boost added, no pedals.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8361276

salvation said:
This is soundsample of Salvation Matchvox Boost channel.
During making soundsample of Boost channel of Matchvox we found it is different from Brian May trademark tone.
We knew that Brian May uses NORMAL channel of his VOXes.
Brilliant channel which is built in module has nice voxy sparkle, but sounds less fat than another VOX channel, called NORMAL and different than Brian May tone.
We like both worlds.
So we developed optional feature to go as close as possible to this tone (hot overdriven Normal channel).
No additional boost added, no pedals.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8361276

Great clip! You got me headbanging Wayne's World style!

..your work just keeps getting better. I will send you my review of the LoneClean you did for me..thank you, btw..you did a great job.
On the BM Vox...its almost too good...BM often said he did use a boost pedal ( a treble booster he claims that John Deacon made)...and that would likely account for the additional distortion and hiss heard on the original recording (Bohemian rhapsody is a great song..but you can hear that very small room his amp is in and the crazy amount of distortion on that last little solo...the same solo is in your clip,btw).
The hiss and ditortion in BMs tone is also apparent on "White Man" from that same period in Queen's history. BM is quite a agreat player and very visionary..its fantastic to be able to touch his tone, if one likes.
I guess all Im saying is your BM mod is very,very close to BMs sound...but without the hiss!!!
..thanks again for the LoneClean...very satisfied.
GtrGeorge

You guy's have done it again!!!

Both the cleaner, and overdriven sounds are amazing.

Well done, sounds superb.

alaskagrown

I loved the clean 60s montage , but the higher gain BM stuff clinched the deal - will definitely have to get one now (huge Queen fan)

Below is a picture of me having a VERY GOOD DAY AT WORK
BrianMaysoriginalaxe.jpg

This guitar was the reason I got into guitars at all - let alone having a career building them.
This was just after the guitar had been rebuilt by Greg Fryer back in 1998
To get hold of and play the real thing was an honour - I did a repair for Brian on an acoustic and have regularly done stuff for Jamie Moses who plays 2nd guitar in Queen & Brian May band

... need to be mentioned, this guitar is big part of this sound too.

RS01.jpg

together with Alnico Blue (IR cab) and perfect playing of Pedro (big Queen fan) It is very special (red :)) sound,
not so nice alone, but very good works in complete mix.

for example with BC Rich through Warhead cab is not possible to get so close ;)

one day I hope we can all buy those pickups...
I hear Burns wont sell them, unless you buy the whole guitar. It reminds me of Rickenbacker pickiups..very hard to get..and probabaly a big part of the Rickenbacker sound.
******!