Top module that Rob should Create

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason Anthony didn't put it in his regular line is that he felt he couldn't accurately capture the Uberschall tone in the MTS format, given that a lot of that amp's signature low end whump comes from its power section. SacredGroove, on the other hand, does have an Uberschall design that he feels measures up. I've never heard either, or the real thing for that matter.

Good to know, I assumed there's a reason why some of the "?ber" expensive amps are hard to re-create for our Line of amps

Jaymzrock said:
Boom.
63469C83-0B70-405C-B0C6-D7BDA24F0179-12482-00000C636992F892.jpg
These were just the coolest thing in the world when they came out! So clever, so cheap and plugged in to a 4x12 it actually sounded pretty good!
All of the appeal vanished as soon as they had to stop using cigarette boxes.

audiomidijace said:
I would love to be able to recreate the absolutely classic sounds of the original Line 6 AxSys 2x12. :roll:
OR a Peavey Classic 50 :?:

I was serious about the Peavey Classic 50 though!
I've always loved the sound of these amps.
I never owned one, but I enjoyed playing them and enjoyed
listening to other players with them.

Maybe it's just me, but I think if there was a module based on the early Boston days it would be killer!

I'm talking the early marshall (plexi?) tone (before the rockman stuff).
Tom used some sort of magic with the EQ + effects to get that awesome sound. Whatever he did, I would love something that captures that without the use of external EQ/cocked wah pedal, etc.

Maybe call the module the "bostone" or something :wink:

MikeGyver,
Im a big fan of Tom Sholz and have even owned one of his rare combo amps he made (an XP-100) ..from my experiences Toms signature sound is a culmination of a few things and he has pretty much captured it in the amps ands boxes he has made,already.
But being an MTS kinda guy ..I would love a module that gets the basic tone..it would be a Marshall flavor with a seagate distortion cicuit in front of it..the RR59 module sorta does this with a clipping diode, but add in a induction coil..and man now your talking some wicked cool tones that ,if tuned right, give you Tom's pre-processed sound..which is indeed a cool sound!!!!!!!!
20 Billion listeners cant be wrong.
GtrGeorge
PS: Have I mentioned that Tom Sholz is a great human being,as well?

Langner DCP-1 Hyper Mod - it's a limited production preamp with a rare mod for the guys in Forbidden/Vicious Rumors, though Mike Fortin has the schematic. It would be pretty awesome.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29957&sid=4adc35d9c4cc16e57235b6331b07a6fc&start=15

You mean you guys aren't satisfied with what Rob already makes? Selfish greedy bastards.
(ps don't get offended)

How about an original? Something.. or perhaps several somethings.. that bring a unique-ish tone. A module that makes you want to own MTS stuff.

Good idea in theory. Only problem is how do you describe it? :wink:

And, of course, one man's trash is another's treasure.

How about a step up from modules? How about a amp or hot rodded rm22 with a absolute killer input stage?

How about a amp that blends 2 modules?

How about a amp with 2 input stages?

Bogner Uberschall - for those sweet Coheed tones into Korn heavies!

Bogner Shiva - would love to hear his take on this amp!

Rivera K-TRE - Very unique sounding amp, definitely deserves a module!

VHT Deliverance - different beast to the UL, could be amazing in a module!

Uberschall would be cool. However my understanding is that much of what is loved about this amp (like the Diezel) is about the power section. The only way to attempt to duplicate that without the actual power section would be put the low end at serious risk of falling apart and sounding undesirable.

Someone out there mentioned the Bad Cat amp? I did a video for them and had a couple in my house for a couple of weeks. Rob's Voxless has that sound nailed. I swear I could not tell the difference.

ricky said:
Someone out there mentioned the Bad Cat amp? I did a video for them and had a couple in my house for a couple of weeks. Rob's Voxless has that sound nailed. I swear I could not tell the difference.
really? Excellent. The Voxless has been on my wish list for a while

LoD21 said:
Uberschall would be cool. However my understanding is that much of what is loved about this amp (like the Diezel) is about the power section. The only way to attempt to duplicate that without the actual power section would be put the low end at serious risk of falling apart and sounding undesirable.

Yeah., after some reading, I take that back. I think the Uber is too difficult to do in a mod.

really? Excellent. The Voxless has been on my wish list for a while[/quote]

I did a little research and found that the guy that designed Bad Cat was a partner in Matchless, which would explain why they are so similar. The Bad Cat had the same mid knob that Rob put on the VoxLess, and each little notch seems to change the way the bass and treble respond. Plus you get the AC-30 sound to boot!

Yup. Mark Sampson was involved in matchless, Badcat and now Star Amplifiers.

I would love to see Rob do a stomp box type preamp ala Hot Box/2 tone I could put in my drawer. Discussed it with him and he's not interested at this time. :cry:

Latest posts