Using another preamp with RM100 head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseudosam74

Reaction score
I got a rocktron Voodu valve preamp. I'd like to use it in conjunction with my RM100. Do I just stick it in the Serial loop? Or do I start messing with the slave out?

Pseudosam74 said:
really? Don't bother with the send?

I plugged a cable into the SEND to cut the signal just in case..but I don't think it's really necessary.

To use the pre-amp, you plug into the pre-amp....you don't really want to mix the signal from the RM100 pre-amp with the Voodoo

wait.. so explain the whole hook up to me, please.

Out of the voodu's OUTPUT into the serial's RETURN? And then nothing into the serial's SEND? And then I plug my guitar (wireless) into the regular input of the Voodu or the RM100 head?

And does this really take the the RM100's preamp out of the mix totally?

You need an AB/Y Switch so you can plug into both and with a footstep you choose your preamp or the Rm100.

Or a more professional way ist to have a looper like vodoo GCX with groundcontrol. Then you can switch betweewn the Channels only with one foot step.

Greetz

Pseudosam74 said:
wait.. so explain the whole hook up to me, please.

Out of the voodu's OUTPUT into the serial's RETURN? And then nothing into the serial's SEND? And then I plug my guitar (wireless) into the regular input of the Voodu or the RM100 head?

And does this really take the the RM100's preamp out of the mix totally?

Guitar into the Voodoo. The Voodoo output into the RM100 serial return. Nothing more.

The RM100 preamp will be completely disconnected from the power amp :wink: