Want three can only afford 2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Ok im moving from an rm4 and an rm100 down to an rm4 and an rm50, After i sell my rm100 which it looks like is going to happen soon im going to buy what i plan on being my last 2 mts modules.. Ive been planning on a Vybe Deluxe and a Silverado but from everything ive read and heard about the snakebite i have decided that i cant ignore it... so which one should get left out the silverado or the vybe deluxe? something is telling me that unfourtunatly the vybe is going to be the one but some opinions would help... so which 2 should it be?
-mp-

Of course if the snakebite is all its cracked up to be i could possibly get rid of my JF ultralead which seemed to me for quite a while to be the pinnacle of high gain...
-mp-

I thought the DSL or TSL was your ultimate amp and you weren't going to put too much more into modules?? I see this a lot... then people come back.. and back.. and back for more. Fig is right. Nobody ever gets away.

I know it and figg actually has already hit me up on RT a couple times with his Tractor Beam comments... I had the TSL on earlier and was jammin on my new jackson and decided to try it out on the RM4/Rm100 combo that ive got hooked up at the moment and ran it through the JF UltraLead which is my personal High Gain "GrailTone" and it sounded F'N Great I still love MTS and I think I just might grab another RM4 now and get more than my planned "Last Two" modules cuz I know that I want a Silverado and a Vybe Deluxe but that Snakebite is just sounding so **** good from everyone whos got one... kinda like the vybe ive never heard anything even close to negative about it every word ive read has been talking about how absolutely killer it is.. Now the TSL is staying that thing is F'N amazing but i guess im gonna have to stay at least 1 foot in mts as it seems lately that Rob has just totally upped his game to a whole new level and I dont think I wanna miss out!
-mp-

I am in the process of ordering and sending a donor to have a dual Silverado built and a single Snakebite.
I had a tough time deciding too and ultimately decided to go for both and should I need to I have a few in the arsenal now and could part with one or two after evaluating them all.
I know for me I was concerned with not having a usable clean tone even though I rarely play clean. Giving up my VX to do the Silverado, but I decided to do it after I got a pretty nice clean off my JF XTC SE in Plexi mode. I can also use my HD500 for cleans.
So is your desire for the Vybe for cleans I assume? If so, can you take care of that elsewhere?

Tractor beam is right...I was out of it for 3 or 4 years after I sold my Egnater stuff. Then I found myself wanting another high gain head for at home, and I thought "look at how cheap the RM22 is"....then... "I really want 3 slots" ....then... "I really want multiple heads for different tube types".....and it's right down the rabbit hole again. The combination of the foglifter plus being able to hear each mod with different power tubes and speakers really takes it to a completely different level for me. Plus the heads are so cheap right now, it's just impossible to resist.

To answer your original question, the Vybe deluxe really is quite unique, I would say go for it. I just ordered a Silverado last week, I can't wait to check that one out as well. It all comes down to how many mods you want laying around, and what tones are most important to you. I still really like my Ultra Lead, but I do find myself stuck on the Snakebite for high gain tones, it's just awesome.

Well the in the Vybe I am looking for an SRVish blues tone and ive only read positive things about it and now I am thinking of moving my PlexiTweed even though I love the PT and use it mostly for blues I think from what i have heard that a vybe will do it better... Ive wanted one for a long time, as far as the silverado goes I sold my 59rr almost as soon as I got my TSL as the TSL does all of those tones very very well and isnt going anywhere but the silverado sounds nothing like any marshall ive ever heard so its definatly one i need and now I am hearing things about the snakebite along the same 100% positive lines as the vybe so im building a bit of a gas issue now.. Im gonna sell my RM100 to pay for a mod and im selling my hotrodded Les Paul to pay for a couple of mods (just picked up a new jackson) and now Im thinking of another RM4 and possibly a new power amp which would enable me to sell one if not both of my rm50's and go completely rack.... I really dont know I was in the state of mind where i was wanting to get mostly out of mts but now im wanting to stay but change my landscape.
-mp-

I was in that situation myself...wanted three and could only afford two. You need to get your priorities straight. I sold my first born and now I have three modules.

DREW: LOL... I actually think im gonna be able to afford all three now if my Les Paul Sells.... its just the new poweramp and the 2nd RM4 that Im thinking about now.. Ill probably have a couple RM50's for sale sometime soon..
-mp-

Ok Im thinking sell the plexitweed and the Ultralead... grab a Silverado,Vybe and Snakebite and im going on the word of the owners on the vybe deluxe and the snakebite... hopefully they will fill my blues module and my high gain module needs.. the silverado im getting based purely on the 2 15 second clips rob put on fb. Im guessing that the snakebite will fill the void since its gotten unanimous praise as has the vybe so im selling my rm100 and my les paul to pay for this little en devour and the money from the pt and UL will be justa bonus to blow on hopefully another rm4... Like my plans? or am i just being stupid and crazy?
-mp-

The only thing that sucks is that I traded away my last 3 donors for an rm50 head and now im gonna have to spend an extra $450 for donors from rob for these 3 modules... its looking like im gonna be cutting a big check once my gear sells...
-mp-

So if my #'s are correct ive gotta come up with $1105 for 3 mods with new donors.. Wholly ****.. I guess from what ive been advised i can sell my PlexiTweed and UltraLead but then that will leave m with just a JF XTC SE and a Superclean for modules and my TSL.. will be a down period at my place for a while well those modules are being built :(
-mp-

and I may need another RM4... does anybody know if the new M4's are coming with effects loops? thats whats really been keeping me from an m4 i dont care about running dual mods just something that will work with my single mods and has an effects loop..
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
and I may need another RM4... does anybody know if the new M4's are coming with effects loops? thats whats really been keeping me from an m4 i dont care about running dual mods just something that will work with my single mods and has an effects loop..
-mp-

I think it's safe to say the beam can now be focused elsewhere... :D

**** you FIGG!
:) Happy to be back where i belong! played my Mts rig all morning and have got that wonderful 4 channels of pure killer tone buzz going!
-mp-