Which FX switcher to go with M4?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prickstein

Reaction score
Hi all,
What FX switcher is getting the most love around here for wacking pedals in and out of the signal path, both in front of and in the FX loops of M4/RM4 rigs.
I would love to get a switchblade so I can route my effects in any order, serial or parallel, but an Axess GRX4 is WAY cheaper, or even Voodoo GCX but without the flexability.
Any out there that I should be wary of?
I'd better give you a rundown of gear I want to incorporate- Crowther hotcake in front, M4, Eq pedal to boost solos in serial loop, quadraverb (which I have been using in series after my preamp but would love to have it running parallel, for reverbs, delays etc and I want to keep it stereo) and a Roger Linn Adrenalinn into currently a Carver PM300 power amp which may be replaced soon with a RT2/50.
Any suggestions?
Cheers,
Rick

The GRX4 is really all you need right now for switching all of those in/out, plus it has a great buffer built in. If you have ANY ambitions of expanding your rig, (don't we all) you would have to get either a 2nd GRX4 or you might be better off getting a GCX which means you need to take up another space in the rack.

I've owned a couple GRX4's and really liked them... the built-in buffer makes a big difference. Very easy to set up, but doesn't allow running effects in parallel, only series.

I've also used a couple Rolls RP93's in the past... definitely one of the cheaper, lesser known options. Also very easy to use, but has a tendency to suck tone, so I wouldn't use one without a buffer of some sorts.

--B[/list]

I've got my eye on a used GRX4 and I know it will do most of what I want but the Adreanalinn in stereo and quadraverb in parallel is not going to happen with a GRX4. I emailed Mario at Axcess, man he doesn't mess around with replies, I wanna use his product just based on his customer service. I could always go the switchblade once my tax cheque comes in.....

Yeah, Mario's responsiveness and willingness to help are 2nd to none. I don't think I've ever heard an Axess customer have a negative thing to say.

--B

The more I look into it, the more the switchblade tempts me. The ability to fx run series, parallel and in any order straight out kills. Anyone here have one?