New SG mods: Fisch, MK22, XTC (revised)--updated 3-28-11

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally found some time, after finishing up some new mods I've been working on. I couldn't be any happier with them either. The Fisch and MK22 were actually requested, but I had wanted to have modules like them in my rig anyway, to help round out my personal selection of tones. Ironically, none of these modules belong to me. MK22 and Fisch belong to Stratomaster (Marc), and the XTC belongs to rlord (Rob). Rob wanted to customize the faceplate a little. Purple was derived from mixing the colors red and blue, and the mini-chickenheads were used to add a more authentic look.

Each mod is strictly based on original Marshall and Bogner versions, in order to faithfully reproduce their true tones, including any extra features.

--Fisch, Brown channel is a high gain monster. The sound is big and full, and compliments the XTC perfectly. Knobs are for display purposes only. Sample clip:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10418283
Fisch.jpg

--MK22 is a Plexi. I incorporated two models into this module to have the 50W (2204), and 100W (2203) versions for two different gain structures. The MK22 is full of usable tones, and should cover any classic rock. Knobs are for display purposes only.
Sample clip:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10416293
MK22.jpg

--XTC was revised recently, to be even more accurate than my original version. Plexi mode is now faithfully reproduced to add a low-mid gain channel. Plexi mode is toggled in/out, on either Red or Blue channels, but like the real Bogner, Structure is not available in Plexi mode. Standard colors are black on white, or white on black.
Sample clips:
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10103314 Blue
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10103315 Blue w/ Structure
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10103311 Red
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10103312 Red w/ Structure
XTCpurple.jpg

I will be working on sample clips, of at least the Fisch and MK22 and hopefully I can get them posted tonight, or tomorrow.

Thanks for looking and I'll be updating this thread as updates are available.

So far, the XTC has just floored me...I sold it in a moment of weakness, only to buy another the next day!

It's got some amazing features and this is without the Plexi upgrade which I'll be getting shortly...

It's versatile but is one of those mods that can really give you a ton of great gain...Sits right in the sweetspot....

I'm getting a MK22 very soon too...She's gonna move in next door to the Mashall Plus....That way I'll have 70s and 80s Marshall tones available...The clips are inspiring....Scott's work is amazing...I plan on getting a Fisch soon too...

His mods are top notch...Make no mistake about it....They are not noisy either...Just great pure tone...He knows what he's doing and seems quite dedicated to providing a truly great product....So far, I couldn't be happier!

And he lives near me so shipping is short and meeting up is even shorter... :)

Here are clips with the lower gain setting on the MK22:

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/quickfoot.mp3 (Tele)

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/flipflop.mp3 (Tele)

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/spinner.mp3 (Tele)

www.mikeplas.com/mike/arrowspacejmp50.mp3 (Les Paul)

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/streetwalking.mp3 (Les Paul)

I didn't change the amp settings on any of the clips.

Gain: 7
Bass: 4
Mid: 5.1
Treble: 7

Mattfig said:
So far, the XTC has just floored me...I sold it in a moment of weakness, only to buy another the next day!

It's got some amazing features and this is without the Plexi upgrade which I'll be getting shortly...

It's versatile but is one of those mods that can really give you a ton of great gain...Sits right in the sweetspot....

I'm getting a MK22 very soon too...She's gonna move in next door to the Mashall Plus....That way I'll have 70s and 80s Marshall tones available...The clips are inspiring....Scott's work is amazing...I plan on getting a Fisch soon too...

His mods are top notch...Make no mistake about it....They are not noisy either...Just great pure tone...He knows what he's doing and seems quite dedicated to providing a truly great product....So far, I couldn't be happier!

And he lives near me so shipping is short and meeting up is even shorter... :)

The MK22 should sit in nicely with the Mash-all. 8)

Mike P said:
Here are clips with the lower gain setting on the MK22:

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/quickfoot.mp3 (Tele)

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/flipflop.mp3 (Tele)

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/spinner.mp3 (Tele)

www.mikeplas.com/mike/arrowspacejmp50.mp3 (Les Paul)

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/streetwalking.mp3 (Les Paul)

I didn't change the amp settings on any of the clips.

Gain: 7
Bass: 4
Mid: 5.1
Treble: 7

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Those clips are the bomb!!!!

Hamner1 said:
Very cool sound. Did you have it set to 2203 or 2204 for the clips?

I'm assuming by "lower gain setting" he's referring to the 2203 setting. I could be wrong, but that seems like the lower gain channel on my MK22.

Hamner1 said:
Very cool sound. Did you have it set to 2203 or 2204 for the clips?

I actually made Mike P two different modules, one strictly based on the JMP 2204, which is what you hear in his clips. The second 2204 I built is for lead playing with added gain and sustain.

The 2203 I offer on the MK22 is a lower gain setting. The 2204 I offer has more gain. There's no Ultra gain, just pure Plexi tone. :wink:

Those MK22 clips are fantastic. They sound just like my real 1983 Marshall 2204!!! Not to mention, Mike's killing it with some great riffs.

Why do I bother lugging these antiques (i.e., Marshall heads) to gigs anymore?......Things have GOT to change.

Awesome work Scott. I haven't even received my XTC from you yet, and I am already thinking of opening up my wallet yet again.....

Gotta stay off this site.......

Latest posts