New SG mods: Fisch, MK22, XTC (revised)--updated 3-28-11

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott did an XTC Blue only mod to my xtc module for me. He worked a long time on this. It's a low/mid gainer.. I use it as a rhythm channel where I'd usually use my Plexi mod he did for me. The XTC Blue has a different sounding midrange with a more forward sound that is great for live band work.. I'm a blues/rock guitarist, I don't tune down, I dont play Fenders..just hum buckers. It's a great alternative rhythm sound, and it's pretty tight. One of my favorites!! Thanks Scott

ok... that's it... I'm gonna find a way to get ALL of these mods... :shock:

All the clips I heard of Sacred Groove mods were very convincing, based on the clips alone I feel he does the best job at modding stuff (except for also Dave F. probably).

Unfortunately the most desirable modder has no web site, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. :wink:

hunter said:
All the clips I heard of Sacred Groove mods were very convincing, based on the clips alone I feel he does the best job at modding stuff (except for also Dave F. probably).

Unfortunately the most desirable modder has no web site, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. :wink:

Sheesh dude, do you take credit cards? :D I've had some very nice compliments before, and this one ranks right up at the top!

I would like to have a website, but time escapes me everyday. I may just have to pencil in a day to make some kind of website even if it's facebook, myspace, or something like that. But, maybe you're onto something and I'm not supposed to have one?...LOL.

SALVAGED said:
ok... that's it... I'm gonna find a way to get ALL of these mods... :shock:

That's cool man! I'm glad you liked what you heard. I have Rectifier mod too that's still undergoing revisions. It's called Diablo, and can be packed full of features, much like a dual rectifier.

If/when you're ready to move on getting one of my mods, you can either PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks! :)

Will your Diablo revisions take away from the old "First 500" vibe that Mike's mod had? I'm actually looking forward to getting one because of that tone!

Shinozoku said:
Will your Diablo revisions take away from the old "First 500" vibe that Mike's mod had? I'm actually looking forward to getting one because of that tone!

The same base tone will still be there. Mike's module is what I've used as a base mod. The revisions are just for the features I'm going to include, and will be much more useful and interactive with each other. I wasn't completely happy with the original feature set. Fortunately, I haven't built many of the original version, so I can revise them fairly quick and bring them up to date.

I should have a new version built within the next week, and will have clips also, as well as, new clips of my other mods.

Thanks for the interest! :D

SacredGroove said:
I should have a new version built within the next week, and will have clips also, as well as, new clips of my other mods.

Would that be the one based on the Grail you should be receiving from me tomorrow? ;)

The Modules all sound great!!! I am thinking that I may have to look into that XTC... and not just cuz of the cool Saigon Kick Riff you played (good choice though I always thought Water was Beiler's best guitar tone)

Hello Scott, I have a Grail that has a bad master level pot, really scratchy, noisy and jumps volume. I was wondering if you would be interested in looking at that, and maybe doing a tweak or two while you have it. I am located in Novi, so I could drop it off.
Dave

Stillgar said:
Hello Scott, I have a Grail that has a bad master level pot, really scratchy, noisy and jumps volume. I was wondering if you would be interested in looking at that, and maybe doing a tweak or two while you have it. I am located in Novi, so I could drop it off.
Dave

I'd just turn that Grail into his Diablo mod, that's what I did - you won't regret it!

stm113 said:
The Modules all sound great!!! I am thinking that I may have to look into that XTC... and not just cuz of the cool Saigon Kick Riff you played (good choice though I always thought Water was Beiler's best guitar tone)

I didn't think anyone was going to guess or know where that riff came from...8). I liked Jason's tones on Water, as well, but really liked Devil in the Details too, but probably due to the overall production. Lizard is cool songwriting, but the tones aren't really there, IMHO.

Thanks a lot for checking out the XTC! The XTC red/blue is a great mod I've had for a long while now, and I've recently added a few different features to further separate it from the others.

Praise well deserved Scott! You guys would be amazed to hear the "less talked about" clean side of this mod....It's very very very very usable and nice.....Rare...Usually mods that offer both come up short....Not this one...

Latest posts