Egnater M4 new-extended

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seanh303 said:
Oh, ok, I thought you were running multiple rackmount eventides! As far as the pedals go, I think it's basically no different than running through a Gmaj or other effects unit that will handle 100% of the serial signal and then use built in or added drykill, or any other pedal board setup...works/sounds fine with a serial connection.
The volume on the effect level is post, the master volume on a module is the pre send level.

seanh303 said:
Eclipse and some other rackmounts (H-series, probably PCM96 etc.) really need a parallel connection to make the most out of it.

You're missing my point; I've created three parallel loops. Sure, having a parallel loop built into your pre amp is a convenient way to run a SINGLE unit in parallel but what if you want to add another unit in parallel?

seanh303 said:
This Tech Note explains it better than me, but basically, you need to have you dry signal seperate from your wet signal, run across +4db balanced connection to the XLR ins/outs of the rackmount.

This is exactly what I'm doing minus the XLR connectors.

seanh303 said:
MTS amps are freakin' perfect because they have series AND parallel loops, and switchable between -10db and +4db....they're one of the most versatile amps I've yet found hands down...still pissed they discontinued them, incredible potential!

The loops are convenient but in a more complex rig you'll likely need a switcher and a mixer. I have both RM4 and M4 and the loops are useless to run multiple effect in parallel besides the fact that the RM4 and M4 are in a separate switcher to toggle between the two.

Bottom line is to do what you want to do, you will need a third party parallel loop interface like the Suhr Minimix II parallel effects loop. There was an Egnater custom parallel loop device floating around for a while.

MarcoR said:
Bottom line is to do what you want to do, you will need a third party parallel loop interface like the Suhr Minimix II parallel effects loop. There was an Egnater custom parallel loop device floating around for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hung up on the effects loop, as stated earlier I posted without thinking, and there are plenty of solutions for the routing (yours is a perfect example!).

You're absolutely right about the switcher and mixer. To be clear, the only concern I had was the line-level output from the M4. Do you happen to know if it can reach professional line level (+4dBu or ~1.25v) by turning up the module volume? If the output signal from the preamp is less than +4dBu, you can get unwanted noise and distortion if you try boost that signal, or you will have to use unbalanced -10dBu connections throughout the whole signal chain which will limit the lushness etc. of your effects.

seanh303 said:
Do you happen to know if it can reach professional line level (+4dBu or ~1.25v) by turning up the module volume? If the output signal from the preamp is less than +4dBu, you can get unwanted noise and distortion if you try boost that signal, or you will have to use unbalanced -10dBu connections throughout the whole signal chain which will limit the lushness etc. of your effects.

+ 4db line level is no problem. 8)

MarcoR said:
+ 4db line level is no problem. 8)

Then what am I waiting for! :shock:

I told Bruce I would pre-order/pre-pay if he brings them back into production.

Apologies for being such a knuckle dragger, but much thanks for all the insight!!!

Hey Bruce... any updates on this? I'm ready to buy an M4 @$650 whenever they're ready. :wink:

Yeah most likely. Seems like he's mainly gathering interest so hopefully if enough pre-order (& pay if u can) then he'll move forward. I'm thinking of creating a bunch of phoney e-mail accounts and relentlessly spamming him "I want one!" "I'll take one too!" :twisted:

seanh303 said:
I'm thinking of creating a bunch of phoney e-mail accounts and relentlessly spamming him "I want one!" "I'll take one too!" :twisted:

haha :lol: At least he'll actually have some "in stock" then!

You are correct. I need to see if there is enough interest to allow me to do this. I am also waiting for quotes for some of the parts as pricing has changed since the last time we made these. I will report back here.
Thanks

bruce egnater said:
You are correct. I need to see if there is enough interest to allow me to do this. I am also waiting for quotes for some of the parts as pricing has changed since the last time we made these. I will report back here.
Thanks

Hey Bruce! If the M4's don't happen, is there any way you could perform upgrades to our RM4's, so we can footswitch between channels A & B on dualies? This is my reason for wanting an M4.

If you're not interested in perfoming the mods, maybe you could allow one of the modders to do it? To be honest, I'm going to feel "stuck in the corner" with my RM4, unless I can get the most out of my dual-channel modules (footswitching capabilities). :wink: The midi board in my RM4 is flaking out anyway... It would be nice to have the upgrade, especially since I need to spend the money on the repair regardless.

So are we suppose to e-mail Bruce or is responding here adequate? I want to make sure my vote counts for the interest in the new M4. The more I think about it, the more excited I get. I wish the E2 was a possibility, but the M4 will suffice.

speed2dirt said:
So are we suppose to e-mail Bruce or is responding here adequate? I want to make sure my vote counts for the interest in the new M4.

I'm not real clear on this either... I went ahead & emailed him, called, AND posted on here. Pretty hard guy to get ahold of, actually! :lol: I'm sure he's EXTREMELY busy... but someone to help answer phone-calls/emails & address basic product questions (as well as, confirming that our name gets put on product waiting lists) would be a BIG help (for us AND Bruce). :wink:

This isn't a slam either... just constructive feedback from a potential repeat customer. :wink:

Although... to be fair... I guess he's not really taking orders for M4's at this stage... just gauging interest...

His original post requested to send him an e-mail. Makes sense really, as that probably will make it easiest for him to organize all of the interest. Plus, he probably doesn't have much time to browse the forums with all those M4 orders to fulfill :twisted:

seanh303 said:
His original post requested to send him an e-mail.
Ok actually, sorry, it didn't, I just read it that way, I felt it was implied since Bruce left it at the bottom of the post. Probably best to send him one anyway (preferably from all of your e-mail accounts but signing with a different name :twisted: )

Bruce, if you decide to bring the M4 back into production, where will it be manufactured?

FYI. I am waiting for Dave, my mechanical engineer friend, who did all the sheet metal drawings. to send me the original CAD files. He is also going nuts with NAMM stuff and just hasn't got around to getting them to me. Soon I hope though probably not until after NAMM.

Bruce,
If you need a source for the sheet metal parts, send me the CAD files when you get them.
Drew

bruce egnater said:
FYI. I am waiting for Dave, my mechanical engineer friend, who did all the sheet metal drawings. to send me the original CAD files. He is also going nuts with NAMM stuff and just hasn't got around to getting them to me. Soon I hope though probably not until after NAMM.

Latest posts