• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Got this pleasent message from an ebay buyer today

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balou

Reaction score
Heres the email, mind you theres no signature requirement for this and It was sent to his post office and its there;

"Dear Balou******** I am very annoyed. You could have told me that a signature would be required so I could have made arrangements. But I was unaware of this, I am unable to receive my amp today, but must wait until tomorrow to pick it up. But I wont be able to pick it up until friday because of my schedule.

Because of this, I am tempted to leave a negative feedback unless i am somehow compensated for the inconvenience. "

I really hope Ebay changes the stupid way you can only leave positive feedback for buyers, why even have it since its all you can leave them.

Maybe his post office has a signature requirement, I know when I lived in my small Quebec town mine did. But still he shouldn't threaten to leave you negative feedback because he has to sign for something he should be happy that only he can get it out of there. And the compensation part is just immature. :roll:

I never have anyone send me anything with USPS for this very reason. I work all day and don't get off till the post office is closes at 5 so if I had something that came on Monday I wouldn't get it till Saturday. With that being said, THIS GUY IS A TOTAL DOUCHE. I will pay extra anytime not to go through the post office. My postman decided last time I got a module sent to me to just leave a note in my mailbox and not even come to the door and ring. I sat all day waiting and finally checked the mailbox and he just left a note and called it good and left. Give you bad feedback because you sent him his package and USPS needs a signature? This my friend is why I hate EBAY! I hope you explained to him you aren't the Postmaster General in charge of the USPS and it isnt your fault. Of course you can't and can only kiss *** because negative feedback is no good. This guy needs to be mad at the post office and not you.

Ummm, like have you mommy go pick it up or something. I just can't get over the compensation threat cause he's working till Friday. Cant we all just get along! And I live in a small town and actually can access my post office 24 hours a day via a card key and then they give you a key in your box which opens these oversized lockers with your package(s) in there
Now on the other hand, I got a Marshall delivered from California via UPS and heres there problem, my address doesnt come up as a valid address in there computer, so it assigns the best match (which of coarse isn't me) so I had to drive an hour away to the shipping center to get it cause they would of send a post card saying undeliverable and that address doesn't exist, and I didnt blame the seller. This is a real problem when using a "UPS store", they are independent and want to cover there asses so they assign whatever address seems to be right.
For me I'll take to Post office anyday as I can just go there and Im not waiting for the UP's guy, AND I can go on Saturday. We dont gets UPS on Saturdays round these parts.

I'd write back:
---------------------------------------------------------
"Dear @sshole,

Please refuse the shipment and I'll refund your money."

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------
That should do it!

Fixed it for you...

"Dear Balou******** I am righteous twat. You could have told me that a I am a righteous twat, but instead my mum had to tell me. I am unable to receive my amp today, but must wait until tomorrow to pick it up. But I wont be able to pick it up until friday because I'll be sucking dick for bear money until then.

Because of this, I am tempted to leave a negative feedback unless i am somehow compensated for my own ignorance. "

If they're going to neg you over that...then they are simply a twat but in future...

A simple, friendly note pointing out that you insured the item for protection in the event of damage should do....and next time tell your buyer up front this is what you've done.

...hopefully nothing more comes of this and you don't end up with them filing a 'not as described' ... to attempt to extort you further.

I dont know. Everything was going so well so far this week. And hell yeah I insured it as I do all my shippings, Ive been thru that before. And I guess a final thought here and then Im done with it is youve got to goto the counter to pick up the amp no matter what, insured, delivery conformation or even the dreaded signature so Im just at a loss as to why it couldnt of been picked up today other then the above mentioned suggestions.
Thanks for being there for me guys, I feel better now 8)

well your right, I do alot of buss on ebay and it sucks that you have no defense against ******* buyers like this. I had a guy try to extort me as well and he filed with paypal and they held up my money, but found in my behalf after a month. so I was lucky, but what i have learned on ebay is to look at feed back left for others of the person bidding or buying from you, most of the time you will see that they have done this to other people and you can block there bids or know how to deal with them if they happen to buy from you. I will not do business with someone who leaves alot of neg feedback for others, Kinda tells ya there assholes!
Good luck Bro!!

Dude you did that guy a FAVOR by having it signature required. That only protects him. This way, UPS or FedEx can't just drop it in front of his house for anyone to steal.

This guy is straight up stupid. You did the right thing.

This is why I ONLY buy and sell on Forums, NOT ebay.

guitarcomet said:
I'd write back:
---------------------------------------------------------
"Dear @sshole,

Please refuse the shipment and I'll refund your money."

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------
That should do it!

Perfect!

That's the problem with a lot of people, any inconvience whatsoever and they need compensation!

This guy sounds like an ***.

You could send him a polite email explaining that you insured the amp to make sure that it arrived safely, and when something is that expensive it automatically goes under "Signature Required" shipments. Probably UPS and FedEx covering their asses. I've had it happen twice to me, and didn't mind at all. I was actually glad they held it instead of just dropping a fully loaded RM4 preamp on my door step for someone to snag.

I'd also tell him that extortion is not tollerated through eBays policies, and that you have forwarded his email to the appropriate contacts in case he wants to try this **** again.

Greedy, impatient people wanting something for nothing.

Good luck Balou.

And who do we have to blame for this?? Dominos pizza!!!
if its not there in 30 minutes its free!!! except they dont even do that anymore!! LOL just a little humor for the day guys!!!
keep on shreddin!!!!!

Here's the next email;

"The reason was because you insured the package. Once again, you should let me know these things since I am the buyer.

Also, I just unpacked the amp today. The internal parts of the amp are crammed with packing peanuts. It will need a tech to open it up and removed the pieces that are trapped behind wires and what not.

The amp is quite lucky to be in one piece after a long trip with poor packaging. I am going to file a claim on paypal because I will have to pay to get the amp cleaned up inside. Unless you are willing to partially refund on your own."

I haven't speakin to ebay yet but I emailed them his first one before he even got it so maybe they'll wipe out his" negative feedback" he left and the world keeps on going. I really could give a ****, I have 156 extremely high positive feedbacks and then this dick leaves " Seller packaged amp very poorly, which cost me money. poor customer service." so its looks just as it is, someone who had buyers remorse and I still got his money and thats that.

I replied to that email with "
So if there is shipping damage then thats why i have the insurance. Maybe you should send the amp back for a full refund cause obviously theres gonna be no making you happy. Im not going to pay 2 remove peanuts from the amp. Is there damage to the amp?
"
I only had about 3 cups of peanuts at the base of the amp and used form to surround the amp after wrapping it in bubble wrap so must of been a second gunman in the grassy knoll that stuffed the magic peanut in there.

Wow....if there's no actual damage to the amp, I doubt he has a leg to stand on with a paypal claim...but you never know those shifty bastards.

Call his bluff and ask for pics?

Did you take pics of the packing job?

He never even talked to paypal, just another threat for $20 this time. After I sent that last email to him he left negative feedback. Im calling ebay today about the matter.