Looking for my first modded module, suggestions?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To-student

Reaction score
Little history, been on here for awhile. Just got back to the MTS for the 3rd time ( 3 heads and a combo). Never owned a modded module but have owned:
Scary
Brahma
Brown (silver face)
Blackface
Ultra
Plexi
Deluxe

Out of these the 1086 for flexibility (switches) from from Marshallish to somewhat modern sounds and the Brahma w/ a boost were my fav I think.

While I liked some of these stock I am questioning myself as to try the modded to see what I have been missing.

I'm thinking Mashall or 1087/1666 for versitility.

Music I play and like would be into are 80's metal, Tool, Down,Old Ozzy (Rhodes) Dio,AIC, Sabbath, Queensryche, Maiden.
What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance

My modded Scary and Brahma from Jaded Faith are unbelievable....WAY better than stock.....Not even in the same league tone wise...You can really hear the difference playing out live....
I'm next having Sacred Groove do a Super V, Plexi and XTC mods for me....The modded modules are what puts the MTS in a different league than all the other amps out there....Just my opinion....
Don't get me wrong, the stock modules sound pretty good.....the modded ones are off the charts, plus if you need more low mids, less highs ect, these guys can tweak a module to your taste...They both are very reasonable, and you don't have to ship the mods to Europe...They are in the US....

Here's a link to another discussion:
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=11467
It lays out the links to all of the different pro-modders.
Browse around and contact these guys. They are real people and will help you out. Drop them an email or give them a call and check it out. Peace.

For the music you play, I would highly recommend a Voodoo Jose UG mod (the newest version). They are relatively inexpensive (about $150) and you can get a wide range of tones out of them.

Give them a call and talt to Trace.

One module NOT on your list is the SL+. I just stepped into the Randall MTS Universe & the SL+ was my very first module. It's stock & sounds killer. It's a favorite among many forum members here...I'm a HUGE Queensryche fan going back to Operation Mindcrime 8) and this particular mod nails that DeGarmo/Wilton tone for me.

You could send a module of your choice to Gigmods for a "standard mod" to keep expenses low and greatly improve the overall tone & gain...I'm just sayin' :wink:

The general consensus on the the top modded module is:
The Salvado Deluxe by Salvation Mods
http://www.salvationmods.com/modifications/salvado-de-luxe
It is the flagship of the Salvation line.
Here is some sound clips, but while you are on the page check out the other mods as well:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=909142&content=music&songcount=50&offset=0&currentPage=2

I vouch for the Salvation mods. I current have a Benzin and an Angel and I keep getting the "what you playing off of?" question after shows. Anthony build noise gates in some of his modules which make them sweeter. I also had the MarkUs but wasn't my cup of tea. I say go for the Salvado Deluxe and call it day. :D

I use Gigmods stuff quite a bit for the bands you list. Pete modded KH3 gets a LOT of that stuff. Also my main "goto" is a Pete Plexi/Brown for rhythm from (nearly) clean to nasty grind. Also a 1087 w/mid and bass boosts for leads or heavy rhythm and hit it with a Diaz Texas Ranger for a little nasty flavor. Pete's top Recto mod is very versatile, going from classic rock to modern stuff with a flick of a few knobs & swtiches.

Also have a Salvation Stonerverb which a very versatile as "brighter" alternative to the Plexi/brown.

I used to think of my Stonerverb as a brighter module, no it actually resides in a warmer category (?) Regardless, it is awesome

Gigmods mentioned here are all killer- Recto, Brown, 1087- they have that hi quality, lo mids, and clarity Pete is great at getting

Mashall+ or Salvado Deluxe....They can do it all! I personally like the Mashall+ a bit better because I'm a Marshall guy...Both are versatile and awesome...You'll have to drop a few bucks but it's totally worth it!

Latest posts