New to MTS, starter Module suggestions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymzrock

Reaction score
My RM100M2 an KHX412 is in the mail, so to speak. It's coming with Blackface, Plexi and XTC. I'm getting a 1086 in a few weeks at killer price, and am saving right now for a Salvation Stonerverb. :D I'm into all kinds of rock/metal and not TOO much of a tone chaser, as I've been heavy into recording my own stuff lately. Dietrick from Salvo an I met in Florida; he actually pointed me in this direction so a BIG thank you to D! My question: With the above mods, any stock module suggestions for a more rounded palette? I write stuff in the air of Staind, Foo Fighters, Chevelle, even some In Flames and Metallica. Gain is a must, but the 1086 and XTC oughtta cover me huh? I love the sound of up and comers' Dead Sara's guitars (check them out, you guys who know these mods well might know what I'm missing here) I don't want to buy 3 more preamps that have similar voicings and gain stages of ones I already have, basically. I plan on getting some coveted modded modules but after the initial amp purchase, not for a lil while. Anyway, glad to be here, love the forums and all hail GAS!

PS...I plan on putting up some good demos of everything I have as I noticed there aren't many of stockers. Sorry for such a lengthy post.

KH3,Grail,Ultra for stockers.......though honestly...if you are looking for "authentic" tones of Orange,Engle,Mesa,Marshall...the Salvation stuff is the way to go...If you got a Stonerverb,A deadplate/mamba, and a Markus you could get about any type metal tone imaginable from classic to modern...but if you want a good mod here in the states look at the XMG,59RR, and Erct from Jaded Faith...that would come close as well......

Welcome to the addiction!! :twisted: I think the XTC and 1086 will please you very well for what you are into. The plexi you will want to mod or trade. I feel its a bit sterile and not enough gain. I recommend an Ultra XL or Ultra for more maximum gain.
Have a good time!!!

Hit Kyle up for his Dragon Mod. His prices are awesome and it sounds really good. Check the thread and the clips. http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14891

Ugh! It sounds like the mod for me and after reading that I really wish I could swing it now. I literally JUST bought a loaded RM100 and KHX cab, with an additional 1086. It would be March before I had the spare coin...thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely keep him in mind. Sorry Kyle, I hope you get outta that rut, man!

No worries, man. I was just passing on some good info. I just recently made a deal with Kyle for a Modern Dragon, but I am still working on the faceplate design. Welcome to MTS!! :lol: :lol: :lol: