So Here's the latest info on the Randall MTS Line of amps...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod

Reaction score
According to Rockbridge98 over at the Rigtalk/Egnater forum, he talked to Ian Egnater at the NAMM show.... Ian stated that Randall was going to be discontinuing the MTS line of amps, BUT... Egnater is going to release a whole line of modular amps including the E2...(same format Guys!!!) and that they couldn't do it immediately because Randall has stock.. He had a feeling there was non compete issues with Randall .... So there you have it...At least from 1 source..

I agree ,the licence expired and Bruce probably will not relicence as it will compete with his new modular line .Randall probably CANT legally build in 2012 anymore and Egnater to be decent has given they 6 months to liquidate stock ...again all speculation but reasonable explaination

That's good news! I was just bitching on another thread that I didn't see anything modular at the Egnater booth. :oops:
I only had a chance for a quick peek after the booth was closed.
I'm so anxious for Bruce to show us what's next for the future of our chosen amps! :mrgreen:

audiomidijace said:
I'm so anxious for Bruce to show us what's next for the future of our chosen amps! :mrgreen:
Me Too!!! :D I am totally stoked that Bruce will be in charge of MTS production. Who better than Mr. Egnater himself?
I appreciate the fact that Randall took a big leap in introducing such a perfect system to satisfy eager tube amp enthusiasts. Of course they never really supported the product with proper advertisement and marketing. And now they are just letting the MTS line go the way of the dinosaur. For shame. :x
Randall can slurp on my danglers.... :p

Rod said:
According to Rockbridge98 over at the Rigtalk/Egnater forum, he talked to Ian Egnater at the NAMM show.... Ian stated that Randall was going to be discontinuing the MTS line of amps, BUT... Egnater is going to release a whole line of modular amps including the E2...(same format Guys!!!) and that they couldn't do it immediately because Randall has stock.. He had a feeling there was non compete issues with Randall .... So there you have it...At least from 1 source..

I heard the same from US MusicCorp as they ONLY had the Malcom and Scott Ian MTS on display. Question is: 'WILL my RM22 be able to play Egnater modules?" And IF I opt for the E2 (been hearing about this for 4-5 years), will my MTS modules play in the E2?

Seeing as how it was mentioned that these alleged new products will be using the same format, then your RM22 (as well as all other Randall amps) should be able to use the new modules. The only exception might be if they are dual-channel - meaning that they may only be able to use the first channel. This is all speculation, of course, but that's how the Egnater modular stuff works with the current Randall stuff presently, afaik.

eddyrox said:
Rod said:

I heard the same from US MusicCorp as they ONLY had the Malcom and Scott Ian MTS on display. Question is: 'WILL my RM22 be able to play Egnater modules?" And IF I opt for the E2 (been hearing about this for 4-5 years), will my MTS modules play in the E2?

rhequiem said:
The only exception might be if they are dual-channel - meaning that they may only be able to use the first channel. This is all speculation, of course, but that's how the Egnater modular stuff works with the current Randall stuff presently, afaik.
Yup.

gtr31 said:
Randall probably CANT legally build in 2012 anymore and Egnater to be decent has given they 6 months to liquidate stock ...again all speculation but reasonable explaination

Now that I like the sound of. Bring on the NOS! :D

E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...
E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...E2...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

eddyrox said:
Rod said:

When Bruce E and I emailed each other last summer he so much as said the E2 would work with both the Egnater and Randall amps.. It would have to. The E2 is an add on..The MTS system in itself is pretty flawless. The module designs, the racks that they slide into ect. I imagine that the new Egnater modular amps will be 2 channels that you can use our 1 channel mods in. I personally like the 1 channel format better anyway.

Latest posts