• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

TRADE GONE WRONG?****Resolved****

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoD21

Reaction score
Gents,

I had a very active member agree on a straight up trade module for module. Both high end customs mods. I was told on Sunday the 27th that it was going out tomorrow morning. In turn I immediately mailed my module that very next day-Monday the 27th. I have always tried to be prompt and uphold my end of the bargain. Friday 5 days later it still was not shipped. I was told "sorry bla bla bla, i will get it out". I have sent several PM's since then asking for an update, tracking, something. Since Friday at noon I have received zero communication. Today is Tuesday.

I understand people have issues that pop up. I don't want to mention names or trash someone here yet, rather i'm just looking for some feedback on what the most appropriate approach would be to get some movement here without creating too much drama, or shooting myself in the foot. I'd also be interested in how long I should wait before taking things to another level?

Thanks

The issue has been resolved. Thank you everyone for your help.

LoD21 said:
I'd also be interested in how long I should wait before taking things to another level?

Thanks

I would leave this post here for a day, two at max. If I still hadn't gotten a response, especially if the PMs were read, I would out that person in a heartbeat.

JayDA said:
LoD21 said:
I'd also be interested in how long I should wait before taking things to another level?

Thanks

I would leave this post here for a day, two at max. If I still hadn't gotten a response, especially if the PMs were read, I would out that person in a heartbeat.

Thanks

It only takes a minute to compose an email or seconds to send a text message. Several days of no communication is just an exploitation of trust.

I can say that I'm usually VERY prompt when it comes to shipping. But I was guilty of this last month. Things just came up preventing me from shipping the **** thing out. I'm sure my trader was getting really frustrated with me too. With any luck you've got a good forum member just having a tuff week. I hope it works out the way it should.

audiomidijace said:
I can say that I'm usually VERY prompt when it comes to shipping. But I was guilty of this last month. Things just came up preventing me from shipping the **** thing out. I'm sure my trader was getting really frustrated with me too. With any luck you've got a good forum member just having a tuff week. I hope it works out the way it should.

I totally agree, but there's no excuse for the lack of communication

When you trade or buy from someone that you don't know in person, you are always taking some risks. Always use PayPal and make sure they are a verified member. If you use the gift option you have no recourse if they stiff you. But that doesn't help in a trade. The seller needs to keep you in the loop even if it's bad news to you. At least you know what's going on.
How can you tell if a pm has been read? Does it stay in your outbox until read? Got the answer thanks.

dont know why you wouldnt release who it is after what is sounds like was ample opportunity to follow through on the other end....sometimes that helps motivate the individual in question....

Maybe they had back surgery or got hit with a surprise divorce or you was dealin with their father in law or wife. Hehe
Seriously I hope the best for you in the deal. Things do come up but no one should be left in the dark. Trust is the only thing we can have if anything. Communicationis key and honesty should always be valued to the fullest. The truth hurts sometimes but lies and theft should not be accepted as a compromise of trust.

Mike361 said:
When you trade or buy from someone that you don't know in person, you are always taking some risks. The seller needs to keep you in the loop even if it's bad news to you. At least you know what's going on. How can you tell if a pm has been read?
If its read, the message will be in sent box, if its not read it will be in outbox

alowerdeep said:
dont know why you wouldnt release who it is after what is sounds like was ample opportunity to follow through on the other end....sometimes that helps motivate the individual in question....

If it goes much further then yes I would share the name but I don't want to just slam someone when i'm unsure of what's up in their life. That said my initial research showed a lot of good guy transactions however further research today turned up a handful of folks that share my similar experience. Shame on me for the oversight I guess. Thanks guys for the feedback.

If it's a trusted member with a lot of good deals I say wait...Maybe another couple days?

No communication is shitty either way...That shouldn't really happen in today's world as often as it used to...Access is everywhere and takes a second...If the trader has been reading and ignoring PMs...That changes the game...That means you are being avoided on purpose and is a red flag...

What's unbelievable is about half the people who read this thread know EXACTLY who is being referenced here.

Very true Jayda....but the saddest part is the people contiue to vouche for this member in spite of the tons of questionable transactions that said member has been involved in......from reading the initial post,I dont think it is unreasonable to out the member,but that is just me....

JayDA said:
What's unbelievable is about half the people who read this thread know EXACTLY who is being referenced here.

:(

I had a hunch immediately.

**** I hate reading this stuff- We have a board of MOSTLY solid people that ship and communicate QUICK. I ship same day or next day at the latest. Always communicate- Give my cell number, you name it.... Really, Ive had one or two lately that were late- but in each case they came through and had legitimate crap going on. It does happen- But even if it does happen- Just communicate...thats all it takes. Would like to see this board continue to be able to sell/trade without issues!!

I've been around this forum for long enough to have a good idea who you are talking about. I know I wouldn't do business with a certain person that seems to keep repeating history. A deal is a deal and if something comes up it's your obligation to send a quick e-mail explaining the situation.

Latest posts