• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

TRADE GONE WRONG?****Resolved****

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a not bad but not super good, I wasnt trading modules but rather buying a tweed stocker for modding it was 10 days before i got a little nervous i had PMed the dude 5 or 6 times with no reply then i posted what was going on in classifieds and in hours I got a pm from the dude. I guess he had tried to ship it out but ups brought it back to him after taking for 8 days and he had to reship it but after a couple PMs i found out that he thought that it was on its way and was never notified by ups of any problem till it was returned to the seller anyways it was really ups's fault and in the end after we made contact it was only about 3 days till i got it safe and sound...
-mp-

At this point feel free to post the username as nobody else wants to suffer this fate.... I am not sure who it is personally. :?

Hope everything works out for you and that it's just a case of life just slowing things down. Heck I was in same boat with two mods I shipped last week and literally got delayed a few days because family issues, it happens and sometimes is unforeseen and hope that is same case with whoever this is.

Kapo_Polenton said:
At this point feel free to post the username as nobody else wants to suffer this fate.... I am not sure who it is personally. :?

BillyBlades :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rblyn said:
**** I hate reading this stuff- We have a board of MOSTLY solid people that ship and communicate QUICK. I ship same day or next day at the latest. Always communicate- Give my cell number, you name it.... Really, Ive had one or two lately that were late- but in each case they came through and had legitimate crap going on. It does happen- But even if it does happen- Just communicate...that's all it takes. Would like to see this board continue to be able to sell/trade without issues!!

It's ironic, this individual was super cool and communication was super quick back n forth when it was about making the deal and asking about the best settings. What i'm most irritated about is the "Give me your info and I'll get it out tomorrow." I feel like that was the more for show to make me feel obligated to get my *** to the post office immediately the next morning so i'm not the bad guy. I feel the setup here was truly by design. Turns out he gave another member currently waiting the same exact line.

If i don't receive a PM with the tracking by 12:00pm EST tomorrow I will list the member's name and take next steps.

fuzzboat said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

BillyBlades :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, i should have known... best aldrich-sykes-cameron-jose-friedman-bray mod around !!

BigBrewtus said:
Maybe they had back surgery or got hit with a surprise divorce or you was dealin with their father in law or wife. Hehe
Seriously I hope the best for you in the deal. Things do come up but no one should be left in the dark. Trust is the only thing we can have if anything. Communicationis key and honesty should always be valued to the fullest. The truth hurts sometimes but lies and theft should not be accepted as a compromise of trust.

In defense of a late trade... I've been housebound with a broken ankle/ foot for months and its been hard for me to get out of the house. Until recently, I couldn't drive and I was dependent on others for rides to FedEx or the post office. I made a trade for my JF 1955RR and was a little late shipping it out. However, before I made the trade, I made it known that I had an injury and a transportation problem.

Its rare, but sometimes injury's or unforeseen circumstances do happen.

I agree with the other members - Its tough to excuse poor communication.

I'm new this forum, and have recently executed two trades. In both cases communication took place via PM, email, phone and text constantly over the 7-8 period for the transactions to be completed. Both members were very courteous and accessible, and I tried my best to reciprocate.

I hope the person you're dealing with comes to their senses. If not, it would be good for you to share their info so others could avoid a bad experience.

Good luck!

The Rossness said:
BigBrewtus said:
Maybe they had back surgery or got hit with a surprise divorce or you was dealin with their father in law or wife. Hehe
Seriously I hope the best for you in the deal. Things do come up but no one should be left in the dark. Trust is the only thing we can have if anything. Communicationis key and honesty should always be valued to the fullest. The truth hurts sometimes but lies and theft should not be accepted as a compromise of trust.

In defense of a late trade... I've been housebound with a broken ankle/ foot for months and its been hard for me to get out of the house. Until recently, I couldn't drive and I was dependent on others for rides to FedEx or the post office. I made a trade for my JF 1955RR and was a little late shipping it out. However, before I made the trade, I made it known that I had an injury and a transportation problem.

Its rare, but sometimes injury's or unforeseen circumstances do happen.

I think most people understand that,the part about reading a pm and not responding to it is not good....it takes 2 seconds to reply...or if they cannot ship,it takes a minute or two to get online and say it is going to be late.....there is NO excuse....even if it is a day,nothing short of death or serious injury should be acceptable for not gettin gin touch with someone if you have an issue.The realit is that once you get paid or agree to ship on a day,the item is no longer yours,you ARE obligated to let the other person know what is going in regard to shipping...not saying that you have to give personal biz,but communication is required.Just funny that most probably know who it is,but sad at the same time becasue it is obviously not the 1st,2n,3rd,or even 4th time it has happened,and people always vouched for him or even got mad at others that potsed their bad experiences with the trader.....also sad that others continue to do deals and probably wil continue to.....

RIP STUDIOS soured my taste for this site for a while in a similar deal. Unfortunate that people's trust can be taken advantage of.

Issue has been resolved. I have just received a tracking # with delivery expected tomorrow. I want to thank everyone for their help and support to get this resolved. I believe you helped push things along. There is truly a sense of brotherhood on this forum. Quite refreshing. Thanks again.

LoD21 said:
Issue has been resolved. I have just received a tracking # with delivery expected tomorrow. I want to thank everyone for their help and support to get this resolved. I believe you helped push things along. There is truly a sense of brotherhood on this forum. Quite refreshing. Thanks again.
Awesome news!

So glad this appears it will have a happy ending.

Glad to hear everything worked out!

Mostly I have had good luck with purchases and trades on this forum. By and large I think the guys here are pretty on the ball, but I have had a few transactions that left me frustrated. One was resloved in a fair and amecible manner by a stand up guy and one never really got resolved to my satisfaction.

I admire the posters on this forum for their discretion and lack of bickering, but I think the unwritten rule - post only the positive - comes back to haunt us occasionally. I'm pretty sure I had a transaction with the seller in question that went quite smoothly, so when LoD21 asked my opinion I was like "Yeah... he's okay, he's on the good guy list..." because I hadn't seen anyone else posting issues with that particular seller.

I'd hate to see this board become an immature war zone, but we should really figure out protocal when multiple buyers are having issues with one seller. How can we avoid these situations if we don't know they exist?

When I was new here, I made every effort to be totally on the ball with payments, commuication and shipping, because I was afraid that someone would say something negative and hamper my ability to do business on this forum. A year and a half later I still practice the exact same principles.

You can make people aware, as LoD21 did, without name calling. I think we owe it to oursleves to be more vocal in these circumstances and help the bulk of the posters here who do play by the rules of fair trade. Maybe the fear of hurting your reputation will help expedite transactions in ceratin cases. I know my buyer/seller rep is solid and I intend to keep it that way, not only because of personal integrity, but so that I don't miss out on a good deal because I f'd someone accidentally or not

Again, glad this one had a happy ending, I had a feeling it would

Thanks to everyone who offered input!

H

Big Daddy said:
... I think we owe it to oursleves to be more vocal in these circumstances and help the bulk of the posters here who do play by the rules of fair trade. ...

I agree. It would have to be done in a mature way, but I'm sure that with a little thought, we could come up with a way.

I agree about this place being all about shunshine and rainbows all the time.. it always seems as if it is taboo to mention anything you don't like about a builder or a mod or sale etc etc... the best way to solve this is to have a user rating meter like ebay has appended to the user profile:

Kapo_Polenton:

5 sales - 4 positive, 1 negative "He's canadian and he's a jerk! but my stuff got here fine :) "

That simple. Allow people to make up their own mind or search further based on the user rating.

May not even need to say anything good/bad, or rate..just list the facts. List the transaction, both member names, turn time to pay and shipping turn time since deal agreed on, packaging quality, physical/working condition of item. Add comments if you want. Just ask that everyone do a post for every transaction. Might also help identify any other positives or negatives with the history on certain modules. I'm up for anything.

Seller Name:
Shipping Turn Time:
Packaging Quality:
Item Condition:

Buyer Name:
Payment Turn Time:

Comments:

You could also post your transaction before it's complete and go back to fill in the blanks. This would be a way to fairly display the expectation that was set. So if i'm out of of town and I cannot ship for a week, it's displayed so I don't look bad.

Latest posts