• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

TRADE GONE WRONG?****Resolved****

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame the forum software can't be upgraded, there are plenty of forums that have a feedback feature for just this reason.

JayDA said:
It's a shame the forum software can't be upgraded, there are plenty of forums that have a feedback feature for just this reason.

i'd be happy to throw a couple bucks at that feature.

I don't think this forum needs to be sunshine and rainbows myself...I just like the fact that people are respectful to one another for the most part...

Discretion is key...

I do however think if LoD21 didn't name a specific name, it's unfair for those not involved to start guessing...Fine if you have a hunch, I did as well....But if you were wrong in naming a specific name, you just associated someone with a bad deal that didn't deserve it...And, as this thread shows, people go back and look through these things...

PMs are your friend when it comes to discussing people specifically in my opinion...If you believe a public shaming is in place, start your own thread and throw the first punch.

Either way, I am happy it all worked out...

I think forum feature upgrade is def. a plus as is an easier way to upload images.. I've never been able to post a pic easily because i don't host them on a site. Attaching them to the body of the message is the best and most convenient way. [/img]

Kapo_Polenton said:
I think forum feature upgrade is def. a plus as is an easier way to upload images.. I've never been able to post a pic easily because i don't host them on a site. Attaching them to the body of the message is the best and most convenient way. [/img]

The problem with attaching photos is it takes up room on the host server - which costs money. Since I've found the joys of photobucket, I actually prefer it. I try and keep updated pics of my guitars in case of theft (including shots of serial numbers), which in the scenario of home invasion could also result in the loss of my computer... food for thought.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Problem with this approach is that you have to search tons of old posts..

Yeh you are probably right. What if we made good guy list it's own section like classifieds, modules, etc... so you could advance search a member name, then select good guy list as the section to search? would be a little more specific.

It isnt going to matter what is in place.It all comes down to experience and common sense in dealing with people.There have been issues with certain members on here in the past,with the bad info posted,and not only did people go out of their way to back/defend the individuals becasue THEY had good experiences,others continued to do deals with the individuals.It all comes down to you and how you chose to handle transactions.While it is true that is doesnt hurt to try and have safegaurds in place,nothing is ever gauranteed when dealing with people that have the intent to be shifty.It all comes down to your decisions based on experience,etc....I persoanlly do not like going on sites and posting that have such strict requirements.If someone posts stock photos,no photos,and will not shaore photos,has a bad history,will not share contact info....the list goes on....I dont deal with them.I like being able to advertise my stuff how I want to and it is on me if it does/doesnt sell...same goes with buying......

alowerdeep said:
It isnt going to matter what is in place.It all comes down to experience and common sense in dealing with people.There have been issues with certain members on here in the past,with the bad info posted,and not only did people go out of their way to back/defend the individuals becasue THEY had good experiences,others continued to do deals with the individuals.It all comes down to you and how you chose to handle transactions.While it is true that is doesnt hurt to try and have safegaurds in place,nothing is ever gauranteed when dealing with people that have the intent to be shifty.It all comes down to your decisions based on experience,etc....I persoanlly do not like going on sites and posting that have such strict requirements.If someone posts stock photos,no photos,and will not shaore photos,has a bad history,will not share contact info....the list goes on....I dont deal with them.I like being able to advertise my stuff how I want to and it is on me if it does/doesnt sell...same goes with buying......

You make a good point. Personally i'm moving on from it.

I agree with Fig that a few of us my have incriminated someone not associated with this situation. I must say my sincerest appologise to Voldemort. Even though I now realize he is just a fictional character in
my wifes favorite movies. Of course we never did see offically if
anyones guesses posed to be true. That being said and all the talk about
giving rating to deals on here will LO be posting members name?
I am all for keeping the peace on here and having this place a safe and
comfortable place for all to network. I try to work with people as much as
I can and stay in communications.
So glad the mods have been shipped and you can now track them.
Bill n Ted say: Be Excellent To Each Other! lol

Latest posts